This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth edible_hat View Post
    Some years ago I saw a news story about a nutter-vegan (as in, one of those extremist idiots who go around throwing red paint at people who wear fake fur) who demanded compensation from a hotel she stayed at. What did they do that was so traumatic? Not take out the wool carpet when she booked the room, even though she completely failed to tell them she was a vegan.
    I came up with a term for this type of person, i call them "veggie-vangelists". I chuckle everytime I think of that word.
    Losing faith in humanity, one customer at a time

Comment

Quoth Decker View Post
      As for the original post, I've had vegetarian "Chick'n" before. It tasted horrible and had a texture of rubber and fail.
      I hate that stuff. I'm fine with some vege jerky every once in awhile (cactus jerky is interesting)...

Guess you could say I'm an onmivore...I'll try anything at least once.
      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

My brother's ex-girlfriend called herself a vegan. She didn't eat any animal products, but wearing them seemed to be okay in her book: she was very fond of leather wear (pants, boots, jacket).

She kept buggering me to stop eatin meat, until I told her that someone HAD to eat the leftovers of the poor animals that were skinned for her clothes. After that, she stopped trying to convert me. Come to think of it, she generally stopped speaking to me...

My favorite line is something a friend of mine said to a particulary obnoxious wannabe-vegetarian: "Vegetarian? My food sh*ts on your food!"
        You gotta polish a memory like a stone. Chip off the parts that remind you it was just a game. Work it until it's indistinguishable from any other memory.

Comment

Quoth Canarr
          "Vegetarian? My food sh*ts on your food!"
          That's funny as Hell. I snorted when I read that.
          "Oh, by the way..." All of my HATE

Ou kata nomon = Not according to the accepted norm

Comment

I only eat meat. I figure a cow at least has a tiny chance of escaping. A carrot ain't going anywhere.

Comment

I've actually seen "vegan eggs" on sale... eggs from hens fed a vegan diet. <snip>
              But the eggs are so much spiffier if the hens get some protein. A friend has some free range chickens, mostly heritage breeds, and she collects eggs that are white, tan, red & blue. They all taste the same, as far as I could tell, since shell colors don't affect that, but they were neat to see. The egg colors are from the bugs & stuff that the hens eat, although I think that the breeds also influence it. I'm not knowledgeable enough to tell you more, though.

I think the white eggs come from the rescue chickens. I think.
              I'm sorry, the person to whom you were speaking has been replaced by a recording. Please leave your message at the sound of the beep.

Comment

I used to know someone who would only eat meat if they caught it themselves, as like a previous poster here was an ethical vegie. If he caught a fish himself, bonus, but as far as I'm aware he never went shooting so I can't say whether or not he ate anything else.

I've also come across people who only eat crops that have naturally fallen from the plant and I can honestly say they are normally the sickliest, most unhealthy looking individuals I have ever seen!
                A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth trunks2k View Post
                  I only eat meat. I figure a cow at least has a tiny chance of escaping. A carrot ain't going anywhere.
                  Everybody kills, vegetarians only kill things that can't run away!

Quoth crazylegs View Post
                  I've also come across people who only eat crops that have naturally fallen from the plant and I can honestly say they are normally the sickliest, most unhealthy looking individuals I have ever seen!
                  that would be because they eat the sickliest, most unhealthy crops.

Comment

Everybody kills, vegetarians only kill things that can't run away!
                    Weird way of looking at it that I heard once. Not only does everyone kill, but everyTHING. Even plants are murderers. As they grow, they spread and the roots choke out other plants from below, and their leaves block light killing plants from above. A lot of insects feed on the dead, or will eat a plant to death. And so on and so forth.
                    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                      Weird way of looking at it that I heard once. Not only does everyone kill, but everyTHING. Even plants are murderers. As they grow, they spread and the roots choke out other plants from below, and their leaves block light killing plants from above. A lot of insects feed on the dead, or will eat a plant to death. And so on and so forth.
                      Not only that, but some plants quite deliberately poison the ground around them. Some cats will deliberatly taunt something they're going to eat before killing it. I also saw a cat murder his young (just past newborn) son. The puppy we got had been bullied so badly by his siblings that for half a year after we got him, we had to leave the room before he would eat.

Humans don't have a monopoly on cruelty.

Comment

Working...
                      X