Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Things NOT to say in front of a new client...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things NOT to say in front of a new client...

Some guys came in today to upgrade our security system since we're switching companies. This is their first time in my office and my first time meeting them (I'm just the IT guy with access to the LAN rooms).

I had to babysit them when they needed to go to a new LAN room.

They were done on the 7th floor so we were getting into the elevator to go to the 5th floor. As we got in, a female co-worker was walking towards the elevator and I asked if she needed to go down. She declined (was just passing by).

As the door closed one of the guys made a rather uncalled for comment (I'm sure most of you can get the basic meaning of the comment).

Talk about a way to make an impression.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Too bad you don't have the power to fire them.
    Pit bull-

There is no breed of dog more in need of our compassion; in need of our call to arms on their behalf; and in need of what should be the full force of our enduring sanctuary.

Comment

Quoth Kyree View Post
      Too bad you don't have the power to fire them.
      Actually, you can file a sexual harassment suit, if you feel it necessary. Their boss would likely settle by simply firing the person in question. Or, you could call the company, speak to their supervisor and make sure that a message is passed on.

Comment

or just tell them "grow up, shithead."

sure they could complain that you called them names
        but then you could point out they were being nasty

Comment

Working...
        X