This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But We Don't Want to Sit There

This weekend the boyfriend and I went out to eat at IHOP. Boyfriend explained to the hostess that I'm three months pregnant, and tend to get sick easily and that we'd prefer a table near a restroom, just in case. The hostess says no problem.

So where do we get seated, the very back corner of the retaurant as far away as possible from the restrooms. We would have just gotten up and moved but the hostess had already went to get our server. Fortunately I didn't have to use the restroom, but I did make a mental note of the trash can at the server's station just in case.

Maybe you could've mentioned to your server that you wanted to be closer to the restrooms.

Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I did and she just brought me a small trash bag. The section near the restroom wasn't hers, so I'm assuming that's why she didn't move us. Our entire meal was spent with her looking nervously at our table.

Comment

oh i like the food (just couse i like my brother love pancakes) but hate the service. ihop gets my hate because-
        -Wait 45 minutes and few other poeple before tell us they are wait for a table so we would be more comfortable.
        - Seat of party of 7!!! IN AN AREA THAT COULD COMFORTABLE FIT MY YES OVERWEIGHT FAMILY! who have been waiting for an hour now
        - Not even asking if we want ketchup or other sauses and then not even bring them when we ask for them the first or second time
        -Not ask the sick girl who haddent eaten in over 18 hour (and yes they over heard this because my mom asked if she thought i could all my food down and said "God im starving, yes. Mom the last time i ate it was a cup of soup and dry toast 18 hours and i threw some of it up"in front of him, rather loudly because my brother had been anoying and im 50% deaf cause of the ear) if she would like to place her order for more pancakes now, that shes half done with her food, so she doesnt have to wait 10, 20 minute and makes her family sit at the table because well she hungry, and leave as she is asking for it to be placed now.

and the ringer for the uber hatered
        - have a party of 16+ HOVER around our table as im finishing my pancakes.

Comment

Ihop will hire ANYBODY. That's why I quit after a month. Because I was working with a bunch if morons. I liked the extra cash, but I could get by with one job, and if it meant I didn't have to work at that Hellmouth anymore, then so be it.
          Would you like a Stummies?

Comment

My experiences at IHOP can best be summarized by what my family calls the restaurant. We call it "IHOP SLOWLY."

We're still waiting on those napkins.
            My Pointless Links collection.

Comment

Quoth boringscreenname View Post
              I did and she just brought me a small trash bag. The section near the restroom wasn't hers, so I'm assuming that's why she didn't move us. Our entire meal was spent with her looking nervously at our table.
              Can you say tasteless and tacky??
              Quote Dalesys:
              ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

I always get annoyed when you make a polite request for "special" seating and give a good reason, and then they completely ignore it, seat you somewhere that you really don't want to sit, and don't even apologize.

This is part of the reason I'm grateful everything around here is completely non-smoking now. Every time we'd go out, my dad would mention that we really can't sit near smoking (due to mom's asthma/allergies) and that we were more than willing to wait for a table FAR AWAY from smoking. They would always acknowledge this, then sit us right next to the smoking section, and get fussy when dad would, again politely, let them know that we can't sit there. We'll wait. Just respect our request, please!
                "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Have your mom fake an asthma attack (after you eat) and point out that they ignored your requests several times. Free meal time!

Not for the free meal but to teach them to listen to reasonable requests.
                  Quote Dalesys:
                  ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
                    Have your mom fake an asthma attack (after you eat) and point out that they ignored your requests several times. Free meal time!

Not for the free meal but to teach them to listen to reasonable requests.
                    I would, but I'm more afraid she'd have a real asthma attack - or I'd have to listen to her and dad whine and moan for the whole meal and the rest of the day about how everything smells like smoke, etc. They can be a bit whiny about it, though they save it for me, not the service staff.
                    "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

I was really glad when Washington State went non-smoking too in public places.

Many, many smokers just have NO idea how bad smoke really smells and how it just goes everywhere.
                      "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Quoth myswtghst View Post
                        Every time we'd go out, my dad would mention that we really can't sit near smoking (due to mom's asthma/allergies) and that we were more than willing to wait for a table FAR AWAY from smoking. They would always acknowledge this, then sit us right next to the smoking section, and get fussy when dad would, again politely, let them know that we can't sit there.
                        We've got similar problems. Hubby and I are both sensitive to cigarette smoke, and always request to sit as far from the smoking section as possible. We don't even mind sitting next to the kitchen doors as long as we're away from the smoking section. I'm very glad that we've been lucky and have had many accomodating restaurant hostesses.
                        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                        My LiveJournal
                        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

My fiancé is a big guy and right when we come in we ask for a table or booth that can accommodate him and me (and his mom when she comes along-she and I are average size). Thankfully the hostesses are good about that.
                          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
                          X