This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coffee shop douchebag

I thought living above a coffee shop would be cool, you know, go down and get coffee whenever I want, etc. And yeah, it would be, if the guy working there wasn't such a douche. Exmaple from yesterday:

I go in, order a cafe au lait with irish cream flavoring and whole milk. Done. The total comes up 2.01, so I take out two dollars, start to extend it, say after half a second, "Oh, wait, hold on, I have a penny," (note the dollar bills weren't in his hand yet). I draw the bills back a little towards me in case he wasn't paying attention and tried to take them before I got the change out. So what does he do?

He reaches over the counter and snatches the dollar bills out of my hand, then proceeds to grab a penny from the 'give a panny take a penny' cup even though I'm holding a penny in my hand out to him. This was after he was sweet as pie to some old lady in front of me, but he didn't say anything to me at all. Just snatched the money from my hand and thrust my drink at me. Maybe it's because I'm a college student..?
    Would you like a Stummies?

He was being rude.

Comment

Maybe he just didn't want you to bother with digging through your pocket for change. If I was the coffee clerk, I would have said something first--"Don't worry about the penny", something like that--but that's just me.
      I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Quoth Spiffy McMoron View Post
        Maybe he just didn't want you to bother with digging through your pocket for change. If I was the coffee clerk, I would have said something first--"Don't worry about the penny", something like that--but that's just me.
        I kind of doubt you'd huff and puff and roll your eyes like this guy did though.

Comment

Do you tip? Maybe that's it. Or he assumes that since you're a college student, you won't.
          The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

I almost always tip. Regular orders, take out orders, if someone hands me food, whatever, usually always. And I was going to tip this guy too until he acted like that. It's not like we haven't been in there either, and I'm pretty sure he knows we live upstairs since I see him working in there every time I go home.

...I don't know, maybe it's because I live in the same building?

Comment

is he like this all the time, or was it just this one time? if it was just this one time, hopefully it can be chalked to him just having a bad day
              "I hope we never lose sight of one thing, it was all started by a mouse" --Walt Disney

Comment

All the time. The time before when we went in, fiance tried to make a little conversation with him ("Hey, how's it going man?")

The answer: GRUNT. -eye roll-

Comment

hmm, hard to say what the issue is; maybe too much cosmic radiation.

he was rude, hands down. not sure what the fix is for it, though.
                  look! it's ghengis khan!
                  Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

You're supposed to tip coffee baristas??? *sigh* Will it never end? Am I supposed to tip at McDonald's too? (sorry, this is just a pet peeve of mine... people making a full wage having a tip jar on the counter).
                    GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

http://www.illwillpress.com/tipz.html

Foamy's got a lot to say about coffee shops. This one applies here. (nsfw)
                      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Haha!

I do tip at coffee shops if my coffee is really friggin' good. Sigh..but it isn't hard to please me, I really love coffee.

Comment

I don't tip for counter service. That's ridiculous. Now if you come over to my table and bring me a refill, etc, then sure I will tip. But I think tipping should be reserved for wait staff who actually wait tables. JMO.

Comment

Working...
                          X