This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We can spell, reelly.

Hi there, just saw something in town I had to share. Doesn't involve customers, well, not directly, but worth telling anyway.
    There's a cafe in the town here called "The Sand Witch", it even has witch silhouettes on the front windows and a big sign above the door just so people know its name. Outside, placed in front of the shop, clearly connected to it, is a sandwich board that for the last year or so has advertised "Sandwitches" on the menu. Over time a second sentence has been added to the first line saying variously "Not a spelling mistake", "Not a spelling mistake, think about it", "Not a spelling mistake, come in and ask why" and finally "Not a spelling mistake, if you can't tell why then come in and ask".
    That bit alone amuses me, thinking of all the people who can't connect the name of the cafe to the name of the sandwiches but the cherry on the cake is the fact that, for the last two or three rewrites of the chalk sign, they've spelt bagel as "bagle" instead.

Imagine the trouble Toys R Us goes through.
    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

I always imagine their greatest trouble being finding the backwards R button on a keyboard to be honest. Not exactly the simplest name to type out.

Comment

lol. that's a cute name!
        heh... but yeah i mispell bagel a lot too. ... meh should just spell it baygull

Comment

Quoth Kal View Post
          I always imagine their greatest trouble being finding the backwards R button on a keyboard to be honest. Not exactly the simplest name to type out.
          You mean like "Toys Я Us"?

Okay, it's on the Windows Character Map as "U+042F: Cyrillic Capital Letter Ya".
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Kal View Post
            ЯЯЯЯЯЯЯ
            Music: Last.fm
            Pwetty pictuwes: DeviantArt | Flickr

Comment

Quoth PaЯaGaS View Post
              ЯЯЯЯЯЯЯ
              Be caЯeful...ApЯil will be heЯe befoЯe you know it...Яaps'll put in anotheЯ woЯd filteЯ that'll tuЯn all ouЯ Rs aЯound and neveЯ change it back (notice how we still "Quoth" things...)
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                (notice how we still "Quoth" things...)
                actually, that one was left in on purpose
                Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

No please don't steal ouЯ Я's they aЯe fun!

Comment

At the local diner all their menu's, both on the table and on the wall, are handwritten. They feature, among other things, a deluxe baked potatoe and potatoe strings (fries). On Wensday's they have tomatoe soup. As for the desert menue they offer bannana and rassberry shakes.

Also regarding service, per the sign on the front door: NO Shirt, NO Shoes NO Acceptions!!!
                    Well fiddle dee dee!!

Comment

We have a sandwich place called "Bison Witches." I have seen them put up any signs explaining themselves, although their logo is a bison riding a broomstick.
                      My Pointless Links collection.

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                        actually, that one was left in on purpose
                        Yeah, I know...that's why I worry

Quoth SnapAddict218 View Post
                        At the local diner all their menu's, both on the table and on the wall, are handwritten. They feature, among other things, a deluxe baked potatoe and potatoe strings (fries). On Wensday's they have tomatoe soup. As for the desert menue they offer bannana and rassberry shakes.
                        What, did Dan Quayle write their menu?
                        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Also regarding service, per the sign on the front door: NO Shirt, NO Shoes NO Acceptions!!!
                          Pure gold that is.
                          Music: Last.fm
                          Pwetty pictuwes: DeviantArt | Flickr

Comment

But how's the food?

BTW, I like "Quoth."
                            Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                            HR believes the first person in the door
                            Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                            Document everything
                            CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

One of the bars I host karaoke in has a sign behind the bar that says "Beatings will continue until moral improves." Drives me insane. I've always wanted to take a Sharpie in and fix it.

Comment

Working...
                              X