This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is is 2 o'clock already?

For the last week or so I have had some sucky McDonald's experiences. There are two McD's by my place. One about 5 minutes from my house another about 10 or so.

#1 Screw Up
    My dad stopped by after picking me up from the Evil Empire and ordered 4 McChickens, 2 double fish sandwiches without cheese, and a parfait for me. The turd (guy I know who works the first window) didn't get the order right and told us to pull around and he'd fix it. We get up there, my dad tells him the order for the third time, gives over his credit card, and the transaction goes through. We get to the second window and the my friend's sister who works up there hands us a medium Dr. Pepper. It seems instead of fixing our order he screwed it worse. He put on the order the soda and instead of putting all for McChickens on he splits the order in two. One order with a Dr. Pepper, 2 McChickens and 2 double fish sandwiches. The second order is 2 McChickens and a parfait. We only ended up paying for the first order and got the rest of the food free I think. Either that or the guy behind us ended up paying for one of the orders and no one paid for his.

#2 Screw Up
    This is the next day on my way to school. I stopped by for a sausage, egg, and cheese biscuit. It says it on the screen. There shouldn't be a problem. So what did I get you ask? A bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit. I'm just glad to say they didn't try handing me a McGriddle or something. I didn't bother going back in or anything. I didn't feel like being late for class.

#3 Screw Up

Cast
    Mom
    Me
    Window Girl
    Nice Lady

This one happened today at the 10 minute location. Now I will admit this is partly my mom's faults, but mostly Window Girl's. Right now there is a special going on at just that location. There's a sign partly concealed by some shrubs saying you get a small fry, drink, and a cheeseburger for $2.00. My guess it that they're trying to get more customers in. They have a bad rep when it comes to getting orders right and staffing people on busy nights (a story of it's own ). I usually won't buy from this one, but it was close to my bank and me and mom were hungry. She orders the special and I notice it was brought up wrong, so when we get to the window we ask about it.

WG: Is it 2 o'clock already?

It seems part of the sign that said the special started at 2 o'clock was hidden. No big deal, mom then said she just wanted a regular burger (what she originally was going to get). WG says okay, I give her my debit card, the transaction goes through, and we pull up to the second window. The Nice Lady starts giving us a small drink. It seemed that WG hadn't taken any of the special off. So I we ended up waiting for a refund and then we were on our way.

Stuff like this is the reason I no longer work for fast food places.
    Honey and Thorns ~ Handmade Knit and Jewelry

I know it might be frustrating, but those seem like minor mistakes that any one of us might make. It happens to all of us.

Comment

Quoth Meegz View Post
      I know it might be frustrating, but those seem like minor mistakes that any one of us might make. It happens to all of us.
      I think these are just the latest in a long string of mistakes experienced at those particular locations. I think we all know of a fast food place that requires special handling when you decide to eat there, due to repeated past problems there.

I have an issue with one of the local BKs putting WAY too much sauce on their burgers. I should not be able to squoosh my burger and drip enough katsup/mayo mix on the wrapper to dip an entire order of fries in. I like mayo, but that much just makes the burger disgusting.
      The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
      "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
      Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Geek King's right. These are just the latest stories. I have stories that go back to the first week both locations were opened. It doesn't help that half the night crew is smoking weed in the girl's restroom (and yes I know this for a fact). I just needed to vent a little. With all the problems at these locations, I've never had had three in a week.

Comment

I hate it when I get to much sauce on my burgers.

Once at a local BK, my dad had asked for no sauce. So what did they do. They basically had that burger swimming in sauce. Ofcourse we were at drive thru and it was when we got home, that found it out. But still. We took it back, and they just wiped it off and tried to give it back to us. Oh FUCK NOOO, you didn't. We got a manager and she had them make us a new one.
          Under The Moon Paranormal Research
          San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

For a couple of months I worked at a computer store and we'd often get lunch from the local KFC. And they'd always screw up our orders to the point where we'd get something free next time. In fact after I left there, I dropped by that KFC and the manager of that computer shop was there, I heard the KFC staff refer to her as "that woman who always gets free stuff".

Maybe if the staff there could tell the difference between fries and popcorn chicken, or even a drumstick and a wing.

Comment

I know that fast food restaurants tend to screw up, but the part of the town I work, has the "scammers" so alot of managers (including myself) have alot of doubts, if the person calls. We always tell them to bring in their receipt down to us when they come in.

Comment

Quoth RedRoseSpiral View Post
                It doesn't help that half the night crew is smoking weed in the girl's restroom (and yes I know this for a fact).
                there's a simple fix to that one. call the cops and say that you suspect they're smoking pot in the restaraunt.

they shouldn't be doing that in a place where kids go to eat. never know they might drop a joint in the restroom and then lil kid find it and goes "oh what's this...?"

and obviously the weed's hurting their performance anyway. so it sounds like they don't really care that much about their jobs to begin with.

Comment

Quoth mae View Post
                  Just don't go to that restaurant if you know they screw up each time. And? Ordering 6 sandwiches plus additional stuff through the drive-thru is a disaster waiting to happen. If you're not happy with what you got, or how they charged you, walk in and speak with the manager.
                  I worked at that location doing back booth for a few weeks before getting a better job offer. It has one of the best speaker systems around. There was no reason other than the guy at the window screwing around and not doing his job correctly.

Comment

Working...
                  X