Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They don't have audio ads in the toilets that I know of, but they do have mini-poster ads in the washrooms around here. Over each urinal, and on the inside of stall doors. Audio really can't be that far off.
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
      In a fit of impotent rage one day I decided that the best place for the 487th Strip I'd put out in that day would be in the same place at pregnancy testing kits, the punchline? That particular strip was full of three packs of extra safe condoms.
      IMHO that is great placement! Kinda like putting tp next to the Olestra chips!
      Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

I have a degree in marketing, however I feel as though my education stayed as far away from crappy advertising schemes as possible. A lot of the reason why I don't think I'd actually survive in the marketing industry is because I actually have a sense of decency and wouldn't just go along with a crappy advertising campaign. I also like to take the time to really find out what people want and base my marketing on that.

If I were in school now I'd have lots of fodder on how not to do advertising simply coming from where I work. It seems like the bank keeps wanting to implement these crappy ideas that do nothing for customer service (although they claim it does) and make the bank hordes of money. Ok, I get the point of a bank is to make a profit, but they are being very blatant about it. I'm seriously tempted to ask to see their marketing research and strategy reports that show that their new product campaigns are a good idea. $10 says they have no clue what a marketing strategy reports is nor would they have any clue how to come up with one. Did I mention that these people have no marketing background other than what some half assed bank offered class told them was right? Yeah, this is why I'm only a teller and not in marketing. They probably would hate to learn how things are done the proper way.

Ok, back to the subject of those annoying talking things... I personally think that putting one of those things in the bathroom is rather intrusive. I'm going into the bathroom to take care of some personal business... Which, unfortunately, does not include deciding on what kind of meats to buy from the butcher.
        Suddenly, Vermont became the epicenter of the dystopia.

Comment

Well, as the guy said, fortunately, I was mistaken in the idea that it was on a motion detector and it was simply a case of terrible, TERRIBLE timing. But danged if it didn't sound just like an auto-play ad of some sort. I mean, the way it came on right when I went into the stall, the fact that it ran a length of time that it was just right for an average bathroom visit, etc.

It's still a bit tacky to subject a customer to loud ads while they're in the crapper. But at least it was more like the bathroom just happens to have the same musak as the rest of the store, rather than targeting people who are actually on the throne.

I am very, very relieved to learn this. So to speak.

Comment

Personally i think bathrooms should either no speaker (like my store) or one that only plays muzak perhaps classical to relax you so it doesnt hurt as much when you really need to strain anyway enough aboutthis subject for today

Comment

Quoth Primer View Post
              IMHO that is great placement! Kinda like putting tp next to the Olestra chips!
              Well, the local supermarket has a 'seasonal items' aisle, which amused me recently. In January they started selling exercise gear for the people who had overconsumed, and this has been winding down. On the same aisle as some of this gear is now a load of Easter eggs and other chocolates.

Great placement!

Rapscallion

Comment

RK, that was wonderful! I'm sitting here snickering, trying to be quiet.

Unfortunately, the Longs pharmacy chain is now using talking advertisement machines. They seem to be timed and have motion sensors, from my recent observations. If you walk near one, it suddenly starts talking to you. (What they say, I don't know, I automatically tune them out. Although, I should start listing the products and writing bitch notes to the companies.) Then, I noticed while waiting in line at the pharmacy, that one of them seemed to start talking about every two minutes. I felt so bad for the pharmacy staff.
                Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                HR believes the first person in the door
                Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                Document everything
                CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

I am suddenly struck by a bolt of genius!

At the McDonalds nearest me, their trashcans TALK. They thank you for depositing your garbage, etc. Instead of this creepy politeness from inanimate objects, have it advertise! "Thank you for eating at McDonalds, come back soon for a (insert special here)!"
                  Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

That IS genius, since the trash can is where all Mickey D's advertising belongs!

(Can you tell I HATE the Dollar Menuaires commercials?)
                    My basic dog food advice - send a pm if you need more.

Saydrah's leaving the nest advice + packing list live here.

Comment

bathroom soundtrack

An Italian restaurant in this area has Italian lessons playing in their bathrooms.
                      I'm sorry, the person to whom you were speaking has been replaced by a recording. Please leave your message at the sound of the beep.

Comment

Quoth Daisy View Post
                        As an aside, one mall in the area had a gigantic talking bear one Christmas - it would randomly say things, I don't really remember what exactly. I had to have been at least 14, and we stopped at a bench to get out stuff in order, and that bear started talking, and I must have jumped six feet in the air. I wouldn't go near that damn bear again. She still gives me hell about that.

you don't live in the Harrisburg, PA area do you? The one mall here has one of those damn things, funny as hell watching all the people walking buy eyeing it warily afraid it might start talking again.
                        Last edited by Broomjockey; 02-21-2008, 04:33 PM. Reason: edit quotes
                        Losing faith in humanity, one customer at a time

Comment

The local shopping centre (mall) has lifts that tell you verbally what floor you are on.

"Floor one."
                          "Floor two."
                          "Door closing."

If I'm in there on my own, I like to say, "Up your shaft." (a cookie if you can get the reference)
                          "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                            I am suddenly struck by a bolt of genius!

At the McDonalds nearest me, their trashcans TALK. They thank you for depositing your garbage, etc. Instead of this creepy politeness from inanimate objects, have it advertise! "Thank you for eating at McDonalds, come back soon for a (insert special here)!"

Soon we'll have doors that thank you for giving their lives meaning by using them. (cookie for the reference)

It was actually one of those 'unnoticed talking things' that made me terrified of furbies. I didnt see one in a doctor's oiffice, and nearly shattered glass with my scream when the things' eyes suddenely opened and it babbled at me.
                            Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

Comment

Douglas Adams?

Comment

Yup. *cookies*
                                Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

Comment

Working...
                                X