This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watch where your going kid.

I had a bit of shopping to do before i started work so i was in uniform, i was walking between isles when this kid comes barreling out of another isle, around the corner and slams straight into knocking me on my arse, and the kid keeps on going without so much as an apology.

This kid is about 10 years old, old enough to know how to use manners and it really pisses me off.

Later on i ended up serving the little shit and her mother and you know what little hellion said to her mum.

"Mum, that's the lady how hit me"

I had to explain to her mother how her darling bowled me over in the isle and her mum made her apologise to me and proceed to tell her off for lying

So good on you mum for taking responsibility for you child, you deserve a few of these and a cookie.

That is one of the things that pisses me off, is kids running wild in a store. I was shopping and using the basket, when I noticed several kids with "mom" coming my way. I raised the basket up, trying not to smack the kids in the head. When out of an ailse a kid about 6-7 runs out in fromt of me and I just kept walking not really seeing her. When the kid hits me, she fails on her butt (I'm 6'3" and stocky). Mom says sorry and picks the kid up and hurrys away. They are both lucky I lifted the basket, it had about 20lbs of stuff in it.

Comment

Good for the mom to make the child apologize, but bad for letting her run around in the first place.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

its called repellion even i who cant find her say out of a museum with only one path like to run away from mommy at stores. Also to cry to the nice cashier ladys when i got lost

Comment

When I was at the mall last week I saw a kid starting to go go go on his Heelies.

Wherein his mother grabbed him and asked him "didn't I tell you not to use them in stores?"

I smiled

Comment

Iam not even going to get into the Hellies thing . . . (course I do mumble that I only use wheels outside as I walk past the parents)

This past weekend My Mother and I took the 5 yr old nephew and 3 yr old niece to a Children's Play (based on Good Night Moon / age appropriate)
            I got to see first hand how challanging it can be to keep kids under control. Granted is was raining and there wasn't really anyway to let off energy other than running.
            I go keep a close eye on them . . but even with two adults it can be a challange to keep them in line every second of the day . . .plus that would be miserable for the parents and the kids.

Not excusing the behavior . . just saying I am not a parent but have finally gotten to see the parents side of this topic.

(kudos for the Mom believing you (truth) vs the kid and making kid do the right thing)

Comment

My pet peeve was kids running around the store (or on heelys), unfotunately my 'voice projection' (ie BELLOW!) very often coincided with a lull in the music so *everyone* turned and looked at me, then the kid who was running. Best punishment ever!

(its a bit of an English thing, people will say nothing but the glares and coughes are mortal weapons!)
              A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Saw a mom snap at a kid, "Name, didn't I tell you: no heelies inside,' very sternly, after kid absent-mindedly (you could tell by her expression) shift her weight & roll.

Kid dropped her toes, stopped and just looked so guilty as she mumbled an apology. I just smiled sympathetically.
                I'm sorry, the person to whom you were speaking has been replaced by a recording. Please leave your message at the sound of the beep.

Comment

Working...
                X