Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Northern Virginia, there is the Arlington Cinema Drafthouse. Bar/restaurant/movie theater! Woohoo!

Comment

There was a little 2-screen place here that served wine. Alas, they couldn't afford the clean up when certain 'environment indiscretions' by a previous tenant were discovered.
      I'm sorry, the person to whom you were speaking has been replaced by a recording. Please leave your message at the sound of the beep.

Comment

Children will never be banned from the average cinema. Too much popcorn is sold on the back of, "Daaddddyyyyy! Waaaaan popcoooorn!"

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
          Children will never be banned from the average cinema. Too much popcorn is sold on the back of, "Daaddddyyyyy! Waaaaan popcoooorn!"

Rapscallion
          And the huge amount of sugary sweets that cost around 6 times as much than woolies charge for pick and mix, and the ridiculous price for Ben and Jerries ad infinitum
          A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Since I know it'd be impossible to do that, all I really, really want is for ushers to CARD kids the way they used to when I was younger. Do not let kids under 17 into R rated movies. Big groups of kids should be watched for trouble.
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
              Since I know it'd be impossible to do that, all I really, really want is for ushers to CARD kids the way they used to when I was younger.
              The only time I ever saw them do that was when the South Park movie was out. They carded every single person who came thru the door. Even me.
              Sometimes life is altered.
              Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
              Uneasy with confrontation.
              Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

It must depend on where you live. Around here, tweens were getting into the Grindhouse movies, like I said.

I mean, enough of those stupid little brats and the movie is ruined. Since all of them have cell phones, you spend the whole movie seeing that glow from their phones and hearing beeep beep beep and annoying rap music ringtones and dumb tween girls giggling and the guys being annoying as well.
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

In my area there are two major chains of theaters. One is notorious for never carding, the other for always carding. Guess which one I patronized when I was underage? And guess which one I patronized when I reached majority? The only problem I ever had at the carding theater was their unclear signage. "Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult." I was 18 and bought a ticket for my 17-year-old sister, but they wouldn't let her in. The manager refunded our tickets and promised to reword the sign, but I was still pissed.
                  "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." - George Patton

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Comment

I watched an usher throw out a 15 year old. It was American Pie 2, and she was by herself.

And then he studied my ID to make sure that I was in fact 17 (my birthday had been the week before).

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                      The only time I ever saw them do that was when the South Park movie was out. They carded every single person who came thru the door. Even me.
                      Bwahaha! I remember opening night. I saw one parent practically carry their kid out by the head, hands firmly clamped over Junior's innocent ears, during Unclefucker. Many parents suddenly left during that number, leaving a nice, half-empty theatre. Stupid people. What did you think was going to happen when you take almost all the stops off of South Park?
                      The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                      "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                      Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                        They carded every single person who came thru the door. Even me.
                        They must have been serious to card someone your age!
                        A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                          Many parents suddenly left during that number, leaving a nice, half-empty theatre.
                          Sort of like what happened in the movie when they went to see Terrance and Phillip.

Quoth crazylegs View Post
                          They must have been serious to card someone your age!
                          Don't make me hit you with my cane!

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                            Don't make me hit you with my cane!
                            Pfft. Geezer. *taunts Mike safely from the other side of a border*
                            Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                              Pfft. Geezer. *taunts Mike safely from the other side of a border*
                              Safely? How do you know how long my cane is?

Comment

Ah. This thread has reminded me why I only go to movies during the day time anymore. I work nights, so I can safely go while all the kiddies are at school. And aside from the overly chatty middle-aged women in Atonement, I've had SO many fewer issues with inconsiderate people.

And, I need to remind my mom that we need to visit the Catlow. Not sure if they serve booze, but they show second-run movies for cheaper, and are connected to the sammich shop next door, so you can get a giant sammich plus goodies for dinner and eat during your movie.
                                "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Working...
                                X