Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Open letters to folks at the supermarket today...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open letters to folks at the supermarket today...

Dear Old People,

Now, don't get me wrong. I love senior citizens. Heck, some of my best friends at my apartment building are senior citizens. But, please, if you and your wife are going to stand around having a conversation, please don't do it so that you block the entire aisle.

Thank you.

Dear Woman in the Pet Food Aisle,

If you're going to stop and look at something on the shelf, please do not park your cart lengthwise across the aisle.

Dear Idiot Who Wanted the Service Desk Woman to Watch his Bag,

Did you not see me sitting at the counter in my wheelchair being helped? If you did, why, oh why did you have to reach over me to hand your bag to the clerk and ask her to keep it behind the counter for you. Next time, wait your turn and don;t think for a minute that, just because I'm in a wheelchair and you are a lot taller than me that you can just reach over me to do stuff.

And thank you to the service desk clerk who muttered, "Rude!" after the guy did this.

Quoth hecubus View Post
    If you're going to stop and look at something on the shelf, please do not park your cart lengthwise across the aisle.
    I move carts "for" people. I don't care what's in the cart ... your purse could be there, I don't care. If you're blocking the aisle and you don't respond to an "excuse me", I'm not waiting for you to engage your addled brain.

One exception: carts with kids. Won't touch those. However, I'll get assertive REAL FAST.
    "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Doesn't being in a chair make it ideal for "accidental" groin shots? /irreverant
      ludo ergo sum

Comment

Or accidentally moving positions. I'm 5'5" ... when someone who is tall AND rude just reaches over me, I pretend I don't see them and back up a step or two. Oops.
        "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

He deserves to have his toes run over!
          My basic dog food advice - send a pm if you need more.

Saydrah's leaving the nest advice + packing list live here.

Comment

Working...
          X