This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'It was 20 years ago!'

I was taking the banking to the business customers window at the bank yesterday, and I overheard this woman.
    Firstly, she went to the CLEARLY MARKED 'Business customers only' window when there were two other free windows.
    Secondly-
    She was trying to do something with an account she's had a while, and as she;s had it a while her signature has changed a bit. Mine did that. When I was sorting out a payment agreement with my bank they noticed my signature had changed in the 5/6 years I've had the account. I didn't mind, it was sorted fairly quickly.

But she...
    HER: Of course it's changed! I took out this account a good twenty years ago!
    Teller: I understand. I'm going to have to ask you some security questions...
    Her: It was twenty years ago!
    T: Can you tell me where you were living?
    Her: Well... *my city*, of course! This is TWENTY YEARS AGO!
    T: Hmm, close enough. What's your mothers maiden name?
    Her:... This is TWENTY YEARS AGO!
    T: I still need your mothers maiden name.
    Her: Oh...

I was thinking- would you rather they just let anyone with a different signature access your account just because they were shouting that it was twenty years ago they took the account out? I will expect in another few years my bank to go... 'Um, your signatures changed. Can we ask you a few security questions please?'
    Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

this is why i love my bank. they got sick of always having me verify info (i have brutal-bad handwriting) that they stuck my drivers liscence picture on the account.
    Siead

Hobby Twitter.

Comment

I am, have been, and forever more will be immune to this scourge known as "signature creep." You know why?

It's so messy and erratic that it's different from day to day, so my bank doesn't even bother.

But 20yal needs to shut up and answer the darn questions already.
      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
        It's so messy and erratic that it's different from day to day, so my bank doesn't even bother.

I've been told (by pharmacists, no less) that my signature is more difficult to decipher than any doctor's that they have ever seen.

It's just that bad...
        hea·then [hee-thuhn] noun
        1. an unconverted individual that does not acknowledge the God of the Bible.
        2. an irreligious, uncultured, or uncivilized person.
        3. the children of NotSoInnocent.

Comment

My handwriting has gotten so bad in recent years that I've abandoned cursive writing and gone back to whatever that kind of writing that isn't cursive is called.
          "Wouldn't that be unethical?"
          "That's only an issue for those who aren't already in Hell."
          --Dilbert

Comment

My handwriting looks like a ball-point pen threw up.

And if I'm signing my name on a screen with one of those electronic pens--forget it.

In high school, when I was at one of those shows where different colleges come and set up tables and hand out info to prospective students, I signed up to get more information about the University of New Orleans. The guy at the table actually scolded me because my handwriting was so sloppy.

Guess where I didn't go to college.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

My signature is so bad that I've been informed that I need to get a doctorate in something to justify it.
              The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

My handwriting in general is crap. I don't even bother with cursive anyway as it's a pain in the arse to read and write.* Hilariously, I remember being in elementary school being told countless times that being able to write in cursive was essential. First thing I'm told when I get to middle school is to write in print.

*: Looking at it, I find it funny that I complain about how hard cursive is yet I can write in Japanese.
                The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

My signature is a bunch of squiggly lines.

I have carpel tunnel so bad it hurts to write.

Though I've never heard of a bank using signauture verification, everywhere I've ever gone to has done ID check.

What is it with people who would rather scream about a change than take the 5 minutes to accept it. I understand that you may have worked there, or been there for years, etc. But when someone new is there, or they have a policy change it should apply to everyone and it's easier to be inconvienced for 5 minutes than to yell and scream for 20 minutes which inconviences everyone.

Comment

I'm working as a receptionist, and the outfit I'm working for doesn't have voicemail, so I take a lot of messages. Every single one of 'em is printed because I have such lousy handwriting. I don't feel like trying to translate 40+ messages a day. (On a bad day even I can't read it)

Comment

Working...
                    X