This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Senior moments at McDonalds

So on Monday, I broke the regulator thingy for my window crank in my car. I can't go through drive-thru anymore.

So I went into McDonalds.....

It was my turn.

This old man comes out of nowhere, somehow was fast enough to get in front of me, and stutters "Senior coffee!"

So he pays and gets his coffee, then yells at the girl, "And I wanted a BURGER too!"

This is really going to suck having to go inside until I get a new regulator put in.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Drive-by old person...
    Would you like a Stummies?

Comment

Marty, I prefer drive by body piercing, myself, but..

Blas, yeah...the fun that is the Mickey D's lobby.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I know. I cannot wait to get my window fixed. This is not going to be fun.

Comment

So he pays and gets his coffee, then yells at the girl, "And I wanted a BURGER too!"
          I hate people who shove in front of you then take their time. Hate them.
          "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Quoth marasbaras View Post

Have you ever noticed the ones that pull out in their cars in front of you in traffic do that too? Speed out and cut you off like they are in the HUGEST hurry ever, only to then take their sweet time after that?

Edited to add: Usually happens to me on the weekends, when I'm one of the few people on the road going to work, and everyone else has all day to do whatever it is they're out for.
            "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
              "And I wanted to order, but you cut in front of me!" Bet he's one of those geezers who complains that young folks don't treat him with respect...
              Quoth Peppergirl View Post
              Have you ever noticed the ones that pull out in their cars in front of you in traffic do that too? Speed out and cut you off like they are in the HUGEST hurry ever, only to then take their sweet time after that?
              All. The. Damn. Time.
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth marasbaras View Post
                This is why I don't go to Wal-Mart. Ever. The last time I went, a Thursday afternoon. All the 9 to 5er's were still at work. I still wasn't safe.

A lady with a shopping cart which was OVERFLOWING spotted the same check out lane I was walking toward, with my new toothbrush. Distance from me to lane? 5 feet, tops. Distance from her to aisle? We'll say a non-exaggerated 15 feet. I am walking casually, as I feel no need to run. She, on the other hand, is making that important clickclickclick noise with her business-mommy heels. Her cart is up on two wheels as she makes the left turn to get into lane 13 (you know you've seen this before). I just stare at her. Then, I hear a cart pull up behind me. A large, overflowing cart. I hear the word, "MOMMY!" Lady in front of me looks at me, and says, "That is my son," as if I am supposed to actually let him in front of me.

At this point I allow my frustrations to pour out, because for once, I am not behind the register. "You're fucking ridiculous!" And I make my way to the speedy check out lane.
                JB: Are you the grief counselor?
                GC: Oh, God, it never ends.

Cas@Mindsay

Comment

add a supersized order of manners to go to that...cripes, pops!

i hate that the generation that pisses and moans so much about a lack of manners/courtesy/*insert suject of whiner's choice here* are least likely to set the example.

it all starts with you, pops.
                  look! it's ghengis khan!
                  Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

I find myself wondering: Were sucky old people sucky when they were young too? Or is it something that comes with age with some of them?

Case in point: My mom used to be very anti-SC and we used to make fun of people all the time that acted ridiculous, especially over saving really small amounts of money.

She recently told me that she got mad at one of the pizza places they go to for carry out because they began charging for the dipping sauce. They used to give 2 free per pizza.

They no longer do.

My mom refused to pony up the .50 cents and told them to keep their pizza.

I was absolutely appalled. I'm so glad I wasn't there.
                    "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
                      My mom refused to pony up the .50 cents and told them to keep their pizza.
                      No offense, but I really don't consider this SC behavior. While 50 cents isn't a lot of money, and I probably would have just told them to forget the sauce or paid for it, if they didn't announce that was now the case and are just kind of throwing it on people that "hey like our free sauce? then pay for it" is sucky on the their part not your mothers.

Comment

Quoth draftermatt View Post
                        No offense, but I really don't consider this SC behavior. While 50 cents isn't a lot of money, and I probably would have just told them to forget the sauce or paid for it, if they didn't announce that was now the case and are just kind of throwing it on people that "hey like our free sauce? then pay for it" is sucky on the their part not your mothers.
                        No offense taken at all!

I guess you'd have to know how my mom has gotten lately. She probably TOTALLY took it out on the poor counter person when she told them to keep their pizza.

I can see where you're coming from. I'd be annoyed if I had to either pay for the sauce or go without, but I certainly wouldn't tell the hapless counter person to keep their damned pizza.

Comment

I'd a said no to the sauce, but to forget the whole pizza? *sigh* I'm just too much of a pizza-holic to do that.
                          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Peppergirl I think with a lot of people, it's age. They get older, life wasn't what they expected, they get bitter, and, since misery loves company, they want everyone else to feel as bad as they do.

If you're happy, or at least don't look unhappy, they want to make sure you're frowning by the time they're done. Instead of spreading cheer, they spread gloom. Futurama's suicide booths would be perfect, but those bastards would never use them because they're too selfish. And they just won't die.
                            Last edited by wagegoth; 02-27-2008, 10:01 PM. Reason: Oops
                            Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                            HR believes the first person in the door
                            Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                            Document everything
                            CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Do you guys think it'd be weird if I pulled up to the drive-thru and opened my door?

I really don't want to go back inside....

Comment

Working...
                              X