This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short and Sweet

Walked over to Walgreens to get something to satisfy my sweet tooth and tide me over for the last 2 hours of my 14 hour shift.

Was checking out my Sugar Babies when I hear the cashier looking to his right saying "Sir....sir...yes, you sir. You can't go in there, sir"

I look up to see an SC had WALKED behind the counter and was helping himself to the cigarette case that someone had apparently left unlocked. I don't think he was stealing, he just didn't wait in the line for the cashier to go get them, all of 2 steps away, as has been customary in the US for at least a decade. I can't even remember the last time I was able to walk up to a cigarette case and grab my own.

Best part? Guy actually STOMPED his foot and said "fine!" all huffy.

Cashier looked at me like ?

I shook my head sympathetically while the guy got into the line and continued to mutter to himself.
    "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
    I don't think he was stealing, he just didn't wait in the line for the cashier to go get them, all of 2 steps away
    Don't be too sure. Our store has had people "helping" get their own change from the cash drawer and ripping us off. They act all sweet, but they are cons. We've been instructed to slam the drawer immediately and have been promised a bonus if we catch any fingers in the process. I can't wait..mwaa ha ha ha
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
      I can't even remember the last time I was able to walk up to a cigarette case and grab my own.
      I used to be able to do that when I worked at the gas station.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
      X