This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Pizza Slices Shall Be Triangles

One thing I really love about pizza hut is the fact that you can order online. So, if I am having a bad day or something of the sort, don't feel like talking to anyone, I just go and set up my usual order:

1 Md Cheese Pizza
    ADD Banana Peppers

Special Directions: Cut Into Squares

And that's all. So, maybe I am a little bit picky -- I just like the smaller slices, but I'm not going to cry about it. Plus, I never feel bad asking them to do that, because on the order application online, right next to the box that says "Special Order" it gives the same example I request -- cut into squares.

I confirm my order and about five minutes later, my phone starts blowing off the hook, but like I said, if I am ordering via Internet it is because I don't want to deal with people at the moment. I let it carry over to voicemail, which is where I found this little gem:

"Hello, this is ***** from Pizza Hut. I was just calling to say that your special instructions, "cut into squares," well, we don't do that here. So, if that is going to be a problem, give me a call. If not, I will continue the order as is."

My first reaction: What? They...don't...cut into squares....for no reason? But I've ordered pizza from here numerous times, and they've always cut into squares (sounds like an SC reaction! Haha)! So, assuming it was someone new, I decided to give Pizza Guy a call back. I thought perhaps it was a misunderstanding.

PG: Pizza Hut, how can I help you?
    Me: Hi, I just ordered the medium cheese pizza.
    PG: Oh, yeah, we don't cut our pizza like that. I don't know why you'd think we could, we're just a delivery place.
    Me: Um. Ok. Well, it was an option I was given at the end of my order. I've had it done several times before.
    PG: What? That's not possible! We can't do that here! We don't have the technology!
    Me: *snickers -- technology* OK, Ok, well, can I make a new request?
    PG: If we can do it, yes.
    Me: Can you just not slice the pizza at all?
    PG: You don't want it cut?
    Me: Nope.
    PG: Ok... I guess we can do that if you requested it.
    Me: Thank you.

And when the pizza was delivered, I took it into my apartment, got out my cutter, and just sliced the damn thing myself.

Weeks later, I still wish I had done it in front of the pizza delivery boy -- who was the same guy that took my call. Alas, I try to steer clear of SC town as much as possible.

I'd also like to add that the next time I ordered via the internet, my pizza came in squares. My order preference were saved, and I forgot to change that.

I guess they improved their technology.
    JB: Are you the grief counselor?
    GC: Oh, God, it never ends.

Cas@Mindsay

Quoth AngryCas View Post
    One thing I really love about pizza hut is the fact that you can order online. So, if I am having a bad day or something of the sort, don't feel like talking to anyone, I just go and set up my usual order.
    I completely love this. I use Papa John's website all the time, since they're basically across the street. Then I only have to briefly speak to the delivery person, and I can make all my special requests (light sauce, extra cheese) in writing, no confusion.

And...just...wow. Don't have "the technology" to cut pizza into squares? I must be incredibly advanced technologically then - I can cut my pizza into any shape I darn well please, thanks to my kitchen scissors.
    "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

What technology don't they have to cut a pizza into squares? "hint.hint" it's called a KNIFE! hmmm...I don't know...it's been around for like how long?..about a thousand years?...lol.

Comment

I'm beginning to think the whole ordeal was a misunderstanding on his part... I almost think he probably had a long day, and misinterpreted "slice" for "cook," ie, a pizza is usually a circle, but they can be square, so I forgave him.

To this day, I wonder if he ever thinks back on my order and does a because I insisted he bring it unsliced.
        JB: Are you the grief counselor?
        GC: Oh, God, it never ends.

Cas@Mindsay

Comment

Well, Pizza Hut uses those big guillotine knife thingys, so there's absolutely nothing binding them to traditional slices. That's just bats*** insane on his part. Maybe he was afraid? I dunno. I hope he *does* about his silliness there. Especially exclaiming "We don't have the technology!"
          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

They have the technology...they just don't have the desire.
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

If they don't have the technology, what in the world do they do with thin crust? Every thin crust I've ever ordered is automatically cut into squares.
              Let it go... Daisy, let it go... Open up your fist
              This fallen world... Doesn't hold your interest...
              Doesn't hold your soul... Daisy, let it go
              -Switchfoot

Comment

I wonder if they have the technology to make bionic pizza............
                "I hope we never lose sight of one thing, it was all started by a mouse" --Walt Disney

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                  Well, Pizza Hut uses those big guillotine knife thingys, so there's absolutely nothing binding them to traditional slices. That's just bats*** insane on his part. Maybe he was afraid? I dunno. I hope he *does* about his silliness there. Especially exclaiming "We don't have the technology!"
                  Rocker knives. I love those things and used them many times to cut squares. Hell, the Bigfoot HAD to be cut in squares.

Comment

My grandmother was slightly insane, and among her many eccentricities was the demand that sandwiches should always be cut into rectangles or squares.

My mother grew up thinking cafeterias had special machines for making triangular sandwiches.

Comment

PG: What? That's not possible! We can't do that here! We don't have the technology!
                      or the imagination; try using a bit of technology that's been around since we first used caves (or maybe even before that) as shelter:

a knife.
                      look! it's ghengis khan!
                      Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

I work for Pizza Hut and that guy was full of crap or lazy or both.
                        I don't have an anger problem! I have an idiot problem!-Hank Hill

Comment

Quoth donruss View Post
                          I work for Pizza Hut and that guy was full of crap or lazy or both.
                          same here. I work there currently and about 24 years ago I was an AM. both times it is NO PROBLEM to part/square cut a pizza. Heck about 2 years ago we had a pizza called the Edge (topping out to the edge like the smaller shops do) and we were REQUIRED to square cut it.

speaking as a delivery person/CSR phone person/cook I would have NOT tipped his ass just for him being an ass esp since he seemed really dim or not trained properly. DO NOT HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY??????? WTF IS THAT all about. it is called a rocker knife you ID10T

what amount of bleach in the brain does it take to not know how to square/party cut a pizza???????
                          Last edited by Racket_Man; 02-26-2008, 04:42 PM.
                          I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                          -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                            Heck about 2 years ago we had a pizza called the Edge (topping out to the edge like the smaller shops do) and we were REQUIRED to
                            square cut it.
                            The only good thing about the Edge was we sold so many it kept me out of the kitchen prepping the things.

Comment

That's strange that they won't do that, since it's listed as an example on the "Special instructions" area.
                              Attached Files
                              Sometimes life is altered.
                              Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                              Uneasy with confrontation.
                              Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Working...
                              X