This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you carry on, it'll come to blows.

Last night I went to a restaurant that I'd not been to before but heard good things about, so I went there to give it a try (Yes, on my own)

As I'm part way through the meal, which was good, I witnessed a fellow customer being really shitty towards one waitress in particular. So I decided I was having none of it. I got up and went over to his table.

Me: "I think you'd better leave"
    Him: "Why? and are you a manager?"
    Me: "No, but I think you'll find you've left your good manners at home"

He then muttered a remark, claiming the nature of my maternal origins to be dubious and threatened to hit me, all while still managing to personally insult the waitress.

Putting on the most smug smile I can, crossing my arms in front of me and lowering the tone of my voice to its meanest.

Me: "Go right ahead, but since I don't work here, you'd better hope that your first punch knocks me out otherwise I WILL hit you back and you will be visiting the hospital"

He was then lost for words, the manager that night (who happened to be the owner too!), having heard what had been said and been told by the waitress what had happened simply told the man to get out and never return.

The owner then offered letting me have the meal for free, thanking me for looking out for his staff , but I declined, saying I'd pay, complimented the waitress on keeping her nerve and not letting the guy get to her. Then , once I'd paid for my meal, I left a large (you could call it a double) tip.

I will be going back there again if I fancy a good meal.

Now, i'm not violent, intimidating or anything like that, but I was heavily and violently bullied as a child and now that I'm grown up, I fight back, I won't let bullies get away with their crap, even if it means coming to blows with them. I'll stand up to bullies when the victim can't or won't.

My thinking is, due to the way I've been brought up, if I can help someone then I'm obligated by my morals to help as best and as much as I reasonably can.
    I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Good for you. I was bullied horribly as a child. I do the same for others now.
    "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Awesome job! I'm another one who grew up with that kind of crap and can't be bullied anymore.

Comment

Quoth edible_hat View Post
        Awesome job! I'm another one who grew up with that kind of crap and can't be bullied anymore.
        Should have seen what happened when two people who used to bully me tried to throw a pint over me, needless to say they were chased out of the pub, running as fast as they can with me close in tow screaming and howling like a barbarian. I don't think they'll ever try to pull that on me again.

Comment

Thank you.
          Labor boards have info on local laws for free
          HR believes the first person in the door
          Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
          Document everything
          CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

You're a hero in your very own way. Standing up for someone who can't stand up for themselves (for fear of losing job or pay) is always something to be commended for.
            Would you like a Stummies?

Comment

Quoth marty View Post
              You're a hero in your very own way. Standing up for someone who can't stand up for themselves (for fear of losing job or pay) is always something to be commended for.
              I'll stand up for someone if they can't or won't, that's just the way I am, even if the odds are greatly against me, I'm not one to run when someone needs help.

And if I do end up fighting, while I consider myself an honourable person, I don't fight for honor, I fight to win, so I'll fight dirty, I'll claw, gouge punch kick and bite if need be. The funny thing is, until you push me, I'm one of the least violent or aggressive people you could know, but if you do push me, boy are you in for a shock.

Comment

Working...
              X