This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the scs on the bus proving my grandma's saying

forgive me for the crudeness, but the people on the bus make me now believe more and more what my grandma used to say, "there is a difference between a man and a person with a penis"

already today I've seen a Y chromosome refuse to move to the back of the bus so an older lady wouldn't have to climb the stairs to the back of the bus and when I got off the bus at the SLCC transit center this girl (who granted was pretty stupid trying to run faster than she should with an unbalanced load across an active bus lane) fell while running to the bus... there were at least 5 people (myself included) there with the Y chromosome... anyone want to place a bet on how many offered to held her? If you're bet was on any number other than one please be honest and pay up because I was the only person who ran over to offer to help her even though I was the one furthest away ...

what is wrong with these people? what ever happened to chivalry or the definition of being a man being more than having reproductive organs on the outside? If my parents ever found out that I didn't offer my seat to an older lady (or older man if he couldn't stand) or that I didn't offer help to someone who fell, especially a lady, I would be immediately removed from the family. What has happened to society that this is now common and acceptable?

/end rant
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Oh I feel you on that. Yesterday, when I went to Wendys for lunch. I saw an older couple walking up to the door. So I ran up and held the door for them. They were honestly shocked to death by that. I can only assume that no one else does that anymore. WTF is up with not having manners. I always follow the saying "Treat people how you want to be treated", plus I do believe in "What goes around, comes around"
    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

I was on the public transit and it was rather full.
      A much more mature lady got on . . . none of the males stood up.
      So I stood (I am female) and asked if she would like the seat.
      She very loudly replied "yes, Thank You, you are lucky you were raised by parents who actually loved you." and then she winked at me.
      A couple of the guys actually blushed. One even turned and offered me his seat as he should have known better but was really into his book.

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
        forgive me for the crudeness, but the people on the bus make me now believe more and more what my grandma used to say, "there is a difference between a man and a person with a penis"
        Is she looking for a foster grandchild?
        "If you are planning not to tip, please let your server know before ordering so they can decide whether or not to wait on you" - from an advice column I read some time ago

Comment

Quoth Emrld View Post
          One even turned and offered me his seat as he should have known better but was really into his book.
          Sounds like me on some days. And I admit, I don't always give up my seat when I should, but the number of times I have, and then the person continues walking to the back of the bus, or they just stand, etc. and then the fact that some days I'm honestly in no shape to stand, I just can't do it every time.
          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Unless I'm not feeling well, I always offer my seat to someone who needs it.
            But one time, I got yelled at for doing that. The lady yelled at me that I was implying she was too old and unable to stand on her own.
            I just looked at her and said Okee dokee and sat back down.
            "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Sadly, this isn't recent behavior. My grandmother told me about getting on a train full of soldiers during World War II. She had my mother and uncle with her, who were both about six or seven years old at the time.

The soldiers were in uniform, but were not back on leave, but in transit to another base, so they were not tired, injured, wounded, etc. Not one of them stood up to give her a seat. She stood there with her two children until the sergeant came into the car to check on his men. When he saw his men sitting there and the woman standing with her children, he went ballistic. She and the children were quickly given a seat, and I'm sure those soldiers regretted their lack of manners that day.

I was hugely pregnant and no one would give me a seat on BART.

My husband told me a story told to him by someone at his work. He knows the guy well and believes the story. The coworker got up to give his seat to an older woman who was getting onto a very crowded BART car. As he stood up, a teenager snaked the seat. The coworker told the teenager to get up, he was giving the seat to the woman. The teenager told him no. The coworker grabbed the teenager by the throat, put him up against the wall, and explained again clearly that the seat was for the lady. The teenager left quickly. The lady got the seat. The coworker got thanks and a lot of respect.
              Labor boards have info on local laws for free
              HR believes the first person in the door
              Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
              Document everything
              CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

On public transit here, there are seats clearly marked with a sign that says, "Please reserve these seats for the elderly or persons with disabilities unless no other seats are available."

Guess how many people get on an empty bus and sit right down in those?

Mhmm. I've seen people pass an empty one of those seats VERY rarely.

Seriously, it's like three steps more!
                My basic dog food advice - send a pm if you need more.

Saydrah's leaving the nest advice + packing list live here.

Comment

I know someone on the flipside position.They got a compression fracture* of the ankle in a car crash. So while otherwise looking fit and healthy they much prefer to sit down and avoid the stabby needles in the ankle that comes with the pressures from all the stop starts.

*Foot was driven into the ankle and the ankle shattered in a car crash.
                  ludo ergo sum

Comment

Quoth Giggle Goose View Post
                    Is she looking for a foster grandchild?
                    sadly she has already passed to the other side... otherwise I'd put you two in touch
                    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

When I was younger, 13, And riding home on the Metra, I helped a women get her stroller off the train. Granted my mother told me to help her, but the lady didn't know that and Iwas still thanked for the assistance. Hooray for good parenting.
                      "Oh, by the way..." All of my HATE

Ou kata nomon = Not according to the accepted norm

Comment

Man, chivalry is a dying art. Only a few people would actually get up and offer somebody a seat when they need it. I've seen moms with their little kids standing up on the bus because some SC's don't want to give up their seat for them.
                        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

On more than one occasion, I have muttered "Stupid asshole!" or "Dickhead" to a guy who runs into a store before me, practically slamming the door in my face.

I don't expect doors opened for me because I'm a girl. I just like a little common courtesy. I open doors for people of all ages and either gender and all walks of life, and I'm a little girl. I do it to be polite.

Where I live, I've noticed the more prestigious older men are the ones who will gladly open doors, and the mechanics/construction type guys are the ones who just open the door and practically hit me in the face, grunting all the while.

Not being rude or offensive, just pointing out how it is were I live. I know for most CSers, where they live, the rich people are rude, but where I live, the lower middle class are the rudest, most entitled people. I guess it's just opposite where I live.
                          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

The SC's on the bus say "Gimme change!"
                            "A twenty ain't strange, I pay your wage!"
                            I really really wish they'd act their age
                            All through the town

The SC's on the bus say "Don't sit here!"
                            "This seat is near,
                            the exit , you hear!
                            You're old and feeble but you sit in the rear!"
                            All through the town

The SC's on the bus say "Here's my stop"
                            "So let me off,
                            You flunky" they scoff
                            The bus's fumes make the SCs cough
                            All through the town....

and that's all I got
                            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Feminism happened

Women who get offended when a man tries to help them happened.

I've heard women get offended & utter the following:

"I can take care of myself. I don't need a man to do things for me!"

-Laundryhater
                              (a woman who misses chivalry which died at the hands of the feminists)

Comment

Working...
                              X