X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Honest Truth

I overheard this conversation while waiting for a class to start:

The girl sitting in front of me is telling a story about how she was charged twice (wrongfully) after paying a bill online and how hard it was to get one of the charges cleared.

The guy she's talking to then tells a story about how he got three overdraft fees because his landlord "cashed his rent check too early." He then states that he got two of the fees waived and was pissed that he had to pay the third. He then says, and I quote:

"I've learned that if you call a company and are forceful on the phone and threaten to leave them, they'll give you free stuff."
    My Pointless Links collection.

Quoth redmountaingoldfish View Post
    "I've learned that if you call a company and are forceful on the phone and threaten to leave them, they'll give you free stuff."
    Oh fuck... so they are multiplying as we speak..... the forbidden knowledge of managerial spinelessness spreads.....
    Last edited by Velfarre2001; 02-29-2008, 08:58 PM.
    "It's times like these that make me wanna go straight."
    James from Pokémon.

Comment

Was that in a history class, because I swear I heard that same conversation a couple weeks back.
      Would you like a Stummies?

Comment

frig, at the clinic today i had a guy telling people about the "just keep hitting zero" thing to get to a live person. i told him that only sends you to customer service but he just kept repeating "exactly"
        stuck next to this douche for over an hour.
        Siead

Hobby Twitter.

Comment

Quoth marty View Post
          Was that in a history class, because I swear I heard that same conversation a couple weeks back.
          It was Political Science: Polls, Politics, and Public Opinion.
          My Pointless Links collection.

Comment

Quoth siead_lietrathua View Post
            frig, at the clinic today i had a guy telling people about the "just keep hitting zero" thing to get to a live person. i told him that only sends you to customer service but he just kept repeating "exactly"
            stuck next to this douche for over an hour.
            I've done that before, but only when you get the automated message and it's like:

"Press one to go to some department you've never heard of before. Press two for something completely unrelated. Press 3 for *click, hiss, mumble, buzz*."
            <Insert clever signature here>

Comment

Working...
            X