This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another reason I won't use sears

Gah, you have no idea how pissed I am with sears right now... I pulled into my condo complexes parking lot and lo and behold, here is some jackass sears delivery van parked in my space, driver nowhere in sight... it is obvious that he wasn't only delivering something in which case I would have forgiven the oversight and waited for him to drop off what he was delivering and be on his way... no he was nowhere to be seen vehicle shut off everything packed away and has been there now for at least 10 minutes. I have had no particular love for sears to begin with and now after finishing a day with a test and 2 lecture periods, stopping at home depot to buy paint for my condo, there is nothing I want more than to be able to pull into my space and start unloading... not have to worry about circling the block looking for a space on the street... which is what the sears guy should be doing
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Get it towed.
    "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Agreed. When we first moved into our Condo, we had people parking in our space constantly. We first verified with the Property folks that it was ours, and when they repainted all the markers, we started telling anyone who parked there that we would tow them. And did call the tow people a few times.
      The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

I agree, get it towed. If they call you on it, tell them point blank that they were the sucky ones, not you. You pay for that spot.
        I don't have an anger problem! I have an idiot problem!-Hank Hill

Comment

Quoth marasbaras View Post
          Get it towed.
          i wish I could... sadly the property manager says that there isn't adequate signage to have a vehicle towed unless the tow company has given them a warning tag at least once before... which leads me to my second rant of the day... how the hell much would it cost to put up 3 signs (there are 3 entrances) saying parking in assigned spaces may result in your vehicle being towed at request of condo owner... or whatever verbage is required to be able to tow the person.

Comment

Park him in, and wait for him to leave. Then yell at him. I'd do it if I was pissed enough.
            The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

If it happens again, just right a nasty note and put it on the windshield. It probably won't do much but it might make you feel better. You could also call Sears and give them the lic. plate info and report it.
              "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Once, when I was visiting a friend. The way the parking was set up was that they would get 2 spots. Well they only had one car, so I parked in the other one. When I came out to leave, I saw a note on the windshield stating that it would be towed next time. I saw the person who wrote it just keep looking out the window. It had to be him, because he would always be having parties and that his guests were parking in other peoples spots.

The time when I lived with my ex. everyone had 2 spots to park in. There was a section just for visitors/delivery drivers to park in. No this asshole had to park in mine. I just parked him in. He came to the door ready to fight. He wanted to know why. I told them there was section that he was suppose to park in. I just took my sweet time moving for him.
                Last edited by powerboy; 03-01-2008, 08:41 PM.
                Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

I agree with Sheldonrs...leave him a note and report him to the company. They'd probably not be too happy.

Did you ask the property manager why there isn't adequate signage? There should be, if parking is assigned.

My complex doesn't have assigned parking. The only restricted spots are a handicapped spot in each area that faces the buildings, and an employee spot across from the office, which is for the maintenance guy.
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Parking him in would be hilarious ... "I can't make my deliveries now, I'll be late, I'll be fired" ... wah, wah, wah.

Do it.
                    "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Quoth marasbaras View Post
                      Parking him in would be hilarious ... "I can't make my deliveries now, I'll be late, I'll be fired" ... wah, wah, wah.

Do it.
                      i'm wondering how much it would cost to buy a boot, and rather than parking him in just but a boot on the car

Comment

step 1: Park the van in.
                        step 2: Have a beer
                        step 3: Tell the van driver that you don't drink 'n drive.
                        step 4: Leave town for a week the same night. (by taxi; you don't drink 'n drive, remember)

Legal in this specific neck of woods... your mileage may vary...

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
                          i'm wondering how much it would cost to buy a boot, and rather than parking him in just but a boot on the car
                          Lowest price is $189 + shipping.

Comment

Quoth tsar View Post
                            step 1: Park the van in.
                            step 2: Have a beer
                            step 3: Tell the van driver that you don't drink 'n drive.
                            step 4: Leave town for a week the same night. (by taxi; you don't drink 'n drive, remember)

Legal in this specific neck of woods... your mileage may vary...
                            or park my car boxing him in and decide now is a good time to go to AstroBurger... only 3 blocks away, no need to drive, and I'm sure I can pick up a paper and spend a few hours there

Comment

This really bugs me with our complex. It's University-owned housing for students and their families, though one or two small sections of one building are actually a daycare. Parking is permit-only, one car per apartment, towable after warnings, though there are no actual assigned spaces and no signage warning people not to park there for extended stays.

I've lost count of the number of cars without permits (window stickers, easily spotted) I've seen parked in the spaces here. And I've learned not to come home from being out and about around 5pm, when the daycare lets out. That's when all the parents come to pick up their children, and the two spaces reserved for that aren't enough. They end up parking in every free space available, despite there being parking on the street directly outside the daycare portion of the complex. Which means if I'm coming home with groceries at that time, I have to circle the parking lot for a while before I can pull into a space, and there's no guarantee it'll be anywhere near my door. ::grumble::

And I swear I've caught one or two people just coming back from being out and about in town and using our parking lot as a convenient free parking area without actually having the correct permit. I miss having assigned parking spaces (last two apartment buildings had them, and it was wonderful).
                              "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                              - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Working...
                              X