Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll chime in with the don't screw with the car faction here. Some people will take revenge, and even if it's illegal or just plain unfair, it still doesn't stop all of 'em. As some people have mentioned, blocking the car in could end up getting your car hit, or vandalized.

At my apartment complex, most parking is free, though you can pay extra to get a covered spot - you then get a spot # and no one else is supposed to park there. My friends had such a space, and for about a week or two, continually had someone from the complex parked in it. After filing a complaint to the office, then leaving notes on the car, still without success, they had the car towed. And within a week, one night while their car was parked in their spot, the bumper was stomped off. All because someone got mad they got caught breaking the rules. No security cameras meant they really couldn't verify who did it, so they had to file a police report and get the repairs done under their insurance, after paying the deductible. It sucked. I'm very glad it wasn't my car.

So yes, I think contacting Sears was the best bet, and leaving a note doesn't hurt, because either the person will go "oops, I didn't realize!" or they'll just ignore the note. It's much easier to brush off a note than it is to brush off if your car is blocked in or vandalized.
    "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
      or if I feel particularly evil, deflate it just enough that the van will handle really sluggishly but not so much that they notice the low tires and let them try to figure out what the hell is wrong
      Look, I've gotten upset sometimes when people parked on my paid patches of concrete, but never would I even think of touching their car to remove tires, deflate tires, etc. That's just wrong. It could cause more problems than solve them. Best bet is to just have the car towed or speak with management if speaking to whomever parked in your space isn't helping.

And never would I deflate tires a bit and let someone drive around on unsafe tires just to show them a lesson.
      Last edited by Rine; 03-10-2008, 05:51 AM. Reason: misspellings

Comment

My Pops had a problem at the practice where he used to work. He has a parking space. What has his name on it. For about 2 weeks, someone kept parking in that space, and he got a little upset. There's LOADS of other parking around, why is this person parked in a space marked "For Dr Iradney's Dad"?

Now, Pops has excema, so he keeps Vaseline in his car to help a little with it (don't ask me how it works, though). So, the one day, he gets to work, and the other car is parked in his space. He goes and deals with his emergency op, comes back down and the car is still there. So he smears Vaseline all. over. the. windshield.

Never had that problem again. I don't condone nor disapprove of it, since Vaseline is a bitch to get off and can hamper a person's driving, but then again there's a car wash at the exit of the parking structure, so the person was probably able to get it off. But still, I wouldn't reccomend doing it...
        The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

I had my parking spot occupied the other day. What bothered me about it most was that the spots are clearly numbered according to the apartment number, and there are a SLEW of "visitor" parking spots, but because some dumbass decided he didn't want to walk an extra thirty feet in the rain, I had to just to get to my apartment, while I was bringing in laundry. What's worse, had it been my neighbor, who is a sweet little old lady, well, I would have been irate. As it was, I was irritated. I asked my building manager what I could do, but as she was rushed, I couldn't get much out of her.

So I chatted with my neighbor and contemplated ringing the local police to see what my options were, before escalating it to a something serious. As it was raining pretty heavily, leaving a note was not really an option, and I was feeling rather unforgiving that day. About two minutes before I was about to call the police and see if I could get the car ticketed or towed, the jackass comes running out and finally moves. I guess he saw me and my neighbor gesturing to his car with unhappy looks on our faces.

He redeemed himself a little for resolving it himself. He still needs a swift kick in the arse though.
          Do not meddle in the affairs of insomniacs, for they are cranky and can do things to you while you sleep.

SG-14: Moving forward because everything behind is rigged to blow.

Comment

If you leave slices of bologna on the car in the hot sun, it eats the paint and leaves cute polka dots all over the car after you take them off......
            ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

*is glad he lives in the 'burbs, and has a driveway*

Doesn't mean I'm immune from the idiots parking there though. I've heard stories of parents who attend events at the elementary school over the hill constantly boxing people in, and in some cases...parking in their driveways! What the hell would persuade someone to do that?

But, at least I can get the bastards towed. There's nothing greater than seeing the look on their faces when they return...and find that their car is now sitting in the borough's lock-up, and that they have a long walk ahead of them
              Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth zzapp the witch View Post
                If you leave slices of bologna on the car in the hot sun, it eats the paint and leaves cute polka dots all over the car after you take them off......
                Yeah, one of those vandalism things we frown on here.

Bologna's for eating!

Rapscallion

Comment

Since when has it been considered edible? /gag

Next you're going to tell me your favorite dish is spotted dick or some other questionable English concoction with a suggestive name......
                  ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                    parking in their driveways! What the hell would persuade someone to do that?
                    I'm always expecting to come home from work some July 4th and finding a few asshats parked in my driveway.

I mean, geeze, you live three blocks up the street anyway.
                    Unseen but seeing
                    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                    3rd shift needs love, too
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth zzapp the witch View Post
                      Since when has it been considered edible? /gag

Next you're going to tell me your favorite dish is spotted dick or some other questionable English concoction with a suggestive name......
                      Hey now! Spotted dick is very good!
                      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                        Hey now! Spotted dick is very good!
                        If you have spotted dick, you should see a doctor. Quit oversharing Irv.
                        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                          Bologna's for eating!
                          Mmmmm..... fried bologna sandwich.

Comment

Working...
                          X