Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now for something completely different...

I know it's just because I'm evil, but it would be funny (to me) to take one of those realistic baby dolls out in public and just mistreat the hell out of it just to freak people out. Not like, beat it or anything overt like that...feed it soda and stick gum to the top of it's head and stuff. But I imagine that would lead to police involvement and irritation of people I'd rather not irritate. Still, a humorous notion.
    "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

The youngest mother ever on record was a five year old Peruvian girl.
      Learn wisdom by the follies of others.

Comment

Quoth MystyGlyttyr View Post

I know it's just because I'm evil, but it would be funny (to me) to take one of those realistic baby dolls out in public and just mistreat the hell out of it just to freak people out. Not like, beat it or anything overt like that...feed it soda and stick gum to the top of it's head and stuff.
        Do that to a real baby and you end up with me as a baby.

My parents tell me I used to have so much energy I did laps around the house--crawling and walking.

Upstairs and downstairs too. And I didn't have stairs completely mastered so I took a few rough landings. (Explains a lot doesn't it?)

I also used to bounce myself as hard as I could in my bouncer. I broke one doing this. I'd keep doing it until I fell asleep.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
          Do that to a real baby and you end up with me as a baby.
          IPF - it's scary, because your description sounds a lot like me as a child. I was constantly escaping my stroller, climbing on EVERYTHING and talking to strangers.
          "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Quoth MystyGlyttyr View Post
            I know it's just because I'm evil, but it would be funny (to me) to take one of those realistic baby dolls out in public and just mistreat the hell out of it just to freak people out.
            There's a scene in the movie License to Wed like that.
            My Pointless Links collection.

Comment

A reporter for my high school newspaper did something like this. She went to five different businesses; I can't remember what they were, but something like two restaurants and three department stores. She spent a certain amount of time in each one and noted how she was treated by the staff and by the other customers. A week later she went back, but wearing a pregnancy suit. The staff mostly responded with covert stares and less politeness than before, though nothing obvious. The customers whispered and muttered, and several called her a slut.

I've always looked older than I really am, so when I was 14 and my 5 year old brother was mistaken for my son, I played it up Granted I got my share of mean old biddies talking about me in overly loud voices, but mostly I got compliments on my beautiful child.
              "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." - George Patton

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Had my first at 20, had to put up with the glares and slut comments....(I was married, too). Now I'm a single mom with 3 kids, still get stares and comments cause apparently a 29 yr old (who looks a lot younger than she is) is a slut for having 3 kids......

And the poor bf, (he's 44), I'm constantly pre-empting comments from other people. When we're together (he's Native American, so has that tight drawn face with the leathery wrinkles, makes guessing his age harder, but you still know he's not young) its HORRID the glares, stares and whispers. I'm just so glad that he doesn't seem to notice. I look very young, he looks older, and with us standing next to each other the difference is even more striking. Add to that 3 kids and all of a sudden people think he's the old pervert that's been training up a girl from 12 years old to be his personal baby factory.

/sigh I just hope no one ever says it loud enough right in front of him.....I don't think he'd respond well.
                ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Quoth repsac View Post
                  The youngest mother ever on record was a five year old Peruvian girl.
                  Yup. Here's the skinny from Snopes.

I've always assumed young girl/child pairings were a sibling relationship. Especially with how many of a particular racial group tend to have a lot of kids and the oldest female child gets saddled with helping raise 'em. I used to see this constantly while taking the bus.

The only time I ever assume a young woman with a child is the mother is pretty much when she's wandering around with a full baby-care setup and walking with a young man who is obviously her husband or boyfriend. But beyond hoping they have the resources to care for the kid and being glad there are two parents in evidence, I don't dwell on it. I've got more interesting things to think about.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                  X