This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crappy security!

I'm in the market for a new job, and have taken to looking around the state websites and such. Yesterday, I tried to make an account with employ Florida, and the website told me that they already had me on file. Odd. So I used the lost username/password option and was promptly emailed what was supposedly 'my' info. I logged on with it and discovered it was the account of a 63 year old woman who simply shares my first and last name

I emailed them and stated that I would not be using their site now and that I hope they'll be more careful with security in the future. I mean, geez, I just bang in a name and email addy and they send that address the info, no questions asked?

HELL NO.
    The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

That sounds scarey.

Comment

On the plus side, it'd be fun to access as many accounts as possible and update their resumes to dictate that they're previous martian invaders.
      You can find me on Backloggery, Facebook, Twitch, Twitter, YouTube

Comment

Eeeks, the only 'response' I got to my email was another username and password that I definitely know are mine this time

I wonder how many people have accessed it already? lol
        The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

That reminds me of something that happened today. A lady came in when I was on my break, she had was going to buy two wallets from us, but she didn't have any cash on her. She didn't have her bank card either. So she was going to go to the bank and see if she could get money out even though she didn't have a bank card or ID. Sure.. Cos that would work out well for the bank "Hi, I've forgotten my ID and bankcard, but could I please get some money out? Yeah, it's the account here that has the most money in it at this branch, I think I have a few million sitting in there. Thanks."

Comment

The vast majority of small municiple websites have laughable security. They just don't have the personnell or budget to get everything done right and sometimes also don't understand the need to get it done right.

Marin County's Transportation Authority has been hacked repeatedly. Of course, it's not the only one.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
            X