This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotels.com bends over hotel workers everywhere

I've seen this commercial a few times now...
    It opens with a close shot of a man's face--I don't know if they intentionally tried to show it glazed over as if to exhibit unintelligence... Then, the camera pulls back to show that he is not walking down the hallway of the hotel, but in fact two hotel employees are carrying him to his room.
    He says, "Um, I hate to ask this, but are you just treating me special because I booked with hotels.com and I'm going to write a review of my stay?"
    The hotel worker looks at him gravely and responds, simply, "Yes."
    "When life gives you lemons, you give life a f---ing paper cut and then squeeze f---ing lemon juice on it, because life should give you something better than f---ing lemons."

Yeah, gotta love commercials that plant unreasonable expectations in customers' minds.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I don't see that at all.
      They're only treating the guy special because he's gonna write a review on them.
      Otherwise, he'd be treated normally.

Comment

Quoth ReadyToRetire
        I don't see that at all.
        They're only treating the guy special because he's gonna write a review on them.
        ...which SCs will see and use the threat of a negative review to hold over the hotel's head. Kinda like the old BBB threat.
        "Well, ergo cogitum daltitum e pluribus shut your piehole." -Mike Rowe

Comment

Quoth ReadyToRetire View Post
          I don't see that at all.
          They said yes to both. Because he was writing a review and because he used hotels.com
          "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

Quoth ReadyToRetire View Post
            What is normal...being shot out of a cannon up to his room...
            My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

Quoth digilight View Post
              now THAT sounds like fun

Comment

Quoth digilight View Post
                I have a cannon! Really, I do!
                Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

I saw that commercial; and while I can't say whether or not it puts unreasonable expectations on hotel staff, I will say this -

The 'customer' in that commercial looked really, really uncomfortable

I rate it four stars for creep factor.
                  The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

Knowing most "four star" hotels I've stayed in ... creep factor is counted.
                    "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Tripadvisor.com sent me a hat. I'm wondering what kind of service I would get if I wear it while checking in.

Comment

to be honest... if the front desk employees hate handling third party bookings as much as I hate dealing with 3rd party bookings they'd do well to try to get the person to please book another hotel next time and let the other hotel deal with it.
                        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Wow, I remember that commercial. That's an old one where I'm from. Thankfully, I think most of the people in the area of the country I work in must have forgotten that one. I'd hate to carry someone up to their room.

However, I will push them on the luggage cart. Now that's fun to ride on!
                          Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post

However, I will push them on the luggage cart. Now that's fun to ride on!
                            has anyone really ever asked you to push them in one of those?

I'd be embarrassed to ask something like that.
                            If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
                              has anyone really ever asked you to push them in one of those?

I'd be embarrassed to ask something like that.
                              Little kids (bored, around 8-10 years) sometimes do and If their parents are familiar enough with me or if I know the family, I sometimes will. But really it depends.

I have been asked to push a wheel chair once.
                              Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Working...
                              X