This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
    I'd be embarrassed to ask something like that.
    Why? If I could do it without the employee thinking I was sucky, I'd do it.

But then, I am weird.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

A more accurate Hotels.com commercial would be the service stranding a family in Manhattan after taking two sets of reservations for 4 and only guaranteeing them a room fit for 2 (two twin beds only) after charging twice what the hotel normally charges.

That's what they did to me. Luckily the New Yorker worked with us and we ended up with a suite that was cheaper than the Hotels.com rates.

Hotels.com is a worthless piece of garbage.

"You'd feel a Hell of a lot better if you'd just rip into the occasional customer."
      ~Clerks

Comment

I've used Hotels.com once, and it worked fine for me. shrug

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

But did they carry you to your room???
          "When life gives you lemons, you give life a f---ing paper cut and then squeeze f---ing lemon juice on it, because life should give you something better than f---ing lemons."

Comment

kind of an off topic rant but...

has anyone noticed that hotels that are more than 3 stars (say hyatt or marriott, etc) have less services than say a holiday inn express or best western (both rated between 2-3 stars in some places)?

Why is it that bigger rated hotel chains want you to pay extra for services (such as breakfasts or high speed internet in the rooms) ?

but back to hotels.com. don't they guarantee the cheapest rate? i thought i saw a recent commercial saying that...

Comment

Quoth CorDarei View Post
              kind of an off topic rant but...

has anyone noticed that hotels that are more than 3 stars (say crowne plaza or intercontinentals, etc) have less services than say a holiday inn express or holiday inn full service (both rated between 2-3 stars in some places)?

Why is it that bigger rated hotel chains want you to pay extra for services (such as breakfasts or high speed internet in the rooms) ?
              there fixed that so it was chains that I work with and can answer the questions on that. Because a lot of them are in areas that are hugely expensive land wise, they have a lot of very expensive base level amenities and one way they keep the base rate down is by making smaller things like parking and internet or meals separate from the rate (though most holiday inn full services still don't offer free breakfast because of lease agreements with their restaurants)... which is another point, any hotel that has a restaurant on site is very unlikely to have breakfast included for the very reason that they lease out the space to a restaurant who will not be too thrilled if they have to compete with a free breakfast and just may decide to move elsewhere.
              If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
                which is another point, any hotel that has a restaurant on site is very unlikely to have breakfast included for the very reason that they lease out the space to a restaurant who will not be too thrilled if they have to compete with a free breakfast and just may decide to move elsewhere.
                I've been to a couple of hotels who would have a "free breakfast" that consisted of a voucher that you would take to the partnered restaurant and use for one of the common breakfast options.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                  I've been to a couple of hotels who would have a "free breakfast" that consisted of a voucher that you would take to the partnered restaurant and use for one of the common breakfast options.

^-.-^
                  yeah, but trust me... you're still paying for it (granted I guess that is true with the continental breakfasts/breakfast buffets as well)... you'd be surprised how many hotels will say "we're giving you a $20 voucher so we add $20 to the rate"
                  If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth CorDarei View Post

but back to hotels.com. don't they guarantee the cheapest rate? i thought i saw a recent commercial saying that...
                    They can say it until they're blue in the face but my own personal experience says otherwise.

Hotels.com is garbage.

"You'd feel a Hell of a lot better if you'd just rip into the occasional customer."
                    ~Clerks

Comment

Working...
                    X