X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racism = firing.

Read this one on another forum.

Yesterday we had a problem in a particular office. It all stemmed from a particular person (we'll call her Lashonda) not doing what she was supposed to and causing problems with the database. Everything was entered under the wrong office location. When I tell her what she needs to do to correct the problem she starts screaming that she did nothing wrong, the problem is mine, the computer messed up, and I need to fix it. Yet I can clearly see from the database that no.. she didn't enter things correctly.
    Lashonda finally caves in and asks "How the F*** am I supposed to F***'n know that this wasn't the right F***'n office?"
    Me "Oh I don't know.. maybe by the fact that everything on your screen says office A, not office B??"
    She hangs up on me after that one.
    Later that day I get a 3 way call from the central office manager (we'll call her Rene) with Lashonda asking what was going on. I explain what the problem was and the necessary steps that Lashonda needed to take to correct it. Lashonda insists that she did everything correctly and that I was rude and unhelpful. When Rene asks about that I quoted to her what Lashonda asked before I told her how she should have realized she was entering things wrong.
    To this Lashonda replies "Thats a lie, you honky, I never said that!"
    Rene, "Thank you for your help. Lashonda, stay on the line."

Today I find out that Lashonda doesn't work there anymore. She was basically given the "we take racism seriously here, and its not tolerated" speech.

It's sad that in this day & age people STILL use racial slurs to try to get their own way. & it's a GOOD sign that it isn't tolerated in any way.

Comment

Wow, a manager who realises that non-whites can be racist too!

Comment

Score for them. Racism exits in both colors.

Comment

I can just see her thinking now:

"Oh Noses!!! They just refuted my blatant lies with the TRUTH. How dare they!! Need to think fast. Hmmm..... Let's see, I could either admit I don't know how to do my job, or I could scream a racial slur.... What to do.... What to do..."
          My Pointless Links collection.

Comment

If she's fired because she can't do her job, then it (gasp) might be her fault.

If she's fired for racism, that's the white man keepin' her down!

(Probably unnecessary note: The only group I'm referring to is the group of people with a "the (pick an adjective) man keepin' me down" attitude.)
            Seshat's self-help guide:
            1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
            2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
            3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
            4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Who the hell says "honky" anymore? I thought that term went out in the 70s or 80s.
              Sometimes life is altered.
              Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
              Uneasy with confrontation.
              Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                Who the hell says "honky" anymore? I thought that term went out in the 70s or 80s.
                Asshat out-of-work racists, it would appear.

Comment

Personally, I refer to the white man as "cracker".
                  "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                    Quoth marasbaras View Post
                    Personally, I refer to the white man as "cracker".
                    "Cracker Tonk Women" just doesn't have the same ring to it.

Comment

For those interested, we banned the use of the word 'cracker' some time ago for racial mentions unless reporting the words of an SC.

For those not interested, please note above.

Rapscallion

Comment

I agree with MadMike. I never even hear old people say "honky".
                        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                          For those interested, we banned the use of the word 'cracker' some time ago for racial mentions unless reporting the words of an SC.
                          ZOMGWTF1STAMENDMENT!!!!!!!!11!!111!!!!1eleven!!!

Seriously. How very un-American.

Comment

Why yes, yes it is.

http://www.customerssuck.com/firstamendment.html

Rapscallion

Comment

Lolz.

I love that link.

Comment

Working...
                              X