This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You were with that woman!

Sorry to post this, as this was my boyfriend's fault as well as the employee's. Anyways..

My bf went to a taco shop (not taco bell) to get a customized taco and they rang the total to be $12. (this is where he should have realized it was TOO MUCH MONEY! but i disgress).

Anyways, he called from work realizing the receipt and called the store back because he got charged for a double burrito that he didnt order.

D=him
    E=employee

D=Yes, I just bought some food from you and I paid more than what I got. I didn't order the double nacho burrito.

E= Ugh. Well the woman behind you ordered that.

D= Maybe, but I was by myself, I never acknowledged another person..

E = WELL THE WOMAN SAID SHE WAS WITH YOU

D = ............Obviously I said i was by myself and I ordered every--

E= She was with you I CANT HELP YOU *click*

I'm sorry, it just makes me sad that nothing can be rectified. It also makes me sad that someone must have mad out with free food for being a liar.

He should try to speak with a manager...something about that whole situation sounds fishy.

Comment

Go to the taco shop & speak to the manager in person.

Comment

Sounds to me like the cashier realizes he messed up and is trying to cover his ass. I agree, he should go talk to the manager. He shouldn't have to pay for what he didn't order, and didn't receive.
        A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

After reading that, I'm as confused as Britney Spears driving on the wrong side of the road with a flat tire.

How in the bloody heck.........ok, blame the woman behind him...that makes you Employee of the Year.
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Ok, I blame my boyfriend for not going back to talk to the manager, but at the same time we are carless, and he had a car at the time to go to the store. He said it was only a few bucks, but it kind of pissed me off that either someone screwed up and didnt wanna take care of it, or the lady behind him added the order somehow to his bill. Either way its just crappy.

Edit: Now after re-talking to him, he told me the person he talked to on the phone about the order WAS the manager...or maybe so they say. I dunno
            Last edited by Meegz; 03-06-2008, 07:07 PM.

Comment

How the hell can he not realize that it was too expensive?
              Under The Moon Paranormal Research
              San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth powerboy View Post
                He had asked for extra meat and thought that was the price. sorry.

Comment

I'd march right back to the restaurant, receipt in hand, and I can't guarantee I wouldn't be sucky.

To have been overcharged is one thing. To have the employee tell me "I don't feel like helping you, so suck it up and deal with it" is quite another.

Hope those extra few dollars helped the restaurant meet its sales target for the day.
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I can't figure out how the order of the person behind him got added to his order. I can see the one in front (scammer), but don't you pay when you get to the counter, and that would put the one behind on a new ticket?
                    Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Quoth Meegz View Post
                      He had asked for extra meat and thought that was the price. sorry.
                      What are you sorry about?
                      Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                      San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth powerboy View Post
                        Quoth powerboy View Post
                        What are you sorry about?
                        That was a slight bit aggressive, mate.

Anyway, I'm thinking this guy on the phone was talking out his ass, because I can't think of a realistic way the person behind you can tack on to your order at a fast food place. Jackass for how he acted too. I'd personally try to avoid the place for a while.
                        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Oh, there is so no way I would have let that lie. If the place is convenient enough for me to go in to get a taco in the first place, it's convenient enough that I can go back and file a formal complaint.

I'm thinking that the "woman behind you" is a fictional character to represent the clerk who wanted a free burrito off someone else's dime.

^-.-^
                          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

yeah cos even managers have people over them...bosses, owners...

Comment

Quoth powerboy View Post
                              I was once charged for two boxes of condoms when I only bought one (along with a couple other items). I didn't realise the over-charge until way later and as I didn't buy them at my neighbourhod drugstore they (the neighbourhood one of the same chain) said they couldn't do the refund and I would have to go back to the location I was over-charged at.
                              That location was downtown. About an hour on public transit.

I never did go back for my refund and just ate the $8.99+tax

How I didn't notice the over-charge is beyond me, but it's very possible to overlook things when you're not thinking about it.

Comment

Working...
                              X