X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth blas87 View Post
    They hassled me for my credit card when I said I was too poor
    Sorry, this is my favorite angle ANYWHERE! Can't afford it? Well just slap it on plastic and PRESTO! You can have anything! Dude, eventually I'll have to pay the CC bill, and since I can't afford it now, I'm pretty sure I'm not going to beable to afford it later, especially after you tack on the intrest and what not.

Sorry, that's just my pet peeve, people pushing charge as a "solution" to being broke. That's why so many people are in the state they are in.
    Well fiddle dee dee!!

Comment

Quoth KellyHabersham View Post
      Supposedly Macy's now has a similiar policy with getting new credit applications - new hires have to get a certain amount of credits within a three month period, otherwise they're out of a job.
      We got that little speech, but I signed up, like 2 people in the 3 months that I was there and I know others were in the same boat. Unless they've changed things in the 6 months since I left, there's really not a lot of teeth in that threat.

Of course, this is the same place that won't work around students schedule and lost about 75% of it's staff when school started.
      It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Solicitations for those damn charge cards everyone has now is the bane of my freaking existence.

It annoys me when they ask, but I suck it up. No, when I really start to lose it is when they persist. Fortunately for me, after years of working at Kinko's, I'm mastered The Look. And most people pick up on it and respond appropriately, thus saving both of us a nasty scene.

Clerk: And will you be putting this on your store charge card?
        Me: No.
        Clerk: Do you have a store charge card?
        Me: (meaningfully and firmly) No.
        Clerk: Well, it's...
        Me: Yes, thank you, I've heard about it many times. Let's proceed with the transaction, please.
        Clerk: Oh, but you could save...
        Me: Insert The Look here.
        Smart Clerk: Okay.

Dumb clerks continue the speil and get rather firmly instructed to proceed with the transaction again.

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
          Kirby is a vacuum cleaner that is sold by door-to-door salesmen. That's how I bought mine. Sales tactics aside, it's a good product.
          I've used both Kirby and store-bought brands. Same cleaning ability, but store-bought is lighter in weight and cheaper in price.

Back OT, I've found that it's nice to have a locked security screen door between you and the salesperson. They can't stop you from closing the door after a polite but firm "No, thank you."
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
          X