This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
    Two lanes for ordering, each with its own menu board and speaker. These two lanes then merge into a single lane to the window where you pay and maybe receive your food.

The McDonalds kitty-corner from my store has this setup.
    Yep, exactly. And it bothers me because, as it happened, I figure I got the order of the person behind me. I could see the kid in the carseat. Though why a diet coke, I have no idea, unless it was for the mom.

as for the wine drop..well it wasn't pretty and rather smelly. I think the poor customer was about ready to strangle the clerk. The manager got her another bottle and told the guy to take a break. The glass was contained to the bag, but the liquid made for one messy cleanup.
    Random conversation:
    Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
    DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

At this point, it would've taken everything I have to keep from humming the bag of food at said manager's head. All that ketchup and mustard can make quite an impressive mess.
      Ah it does. Had someone do just that when I was 15. Onions and mustard sting the eyes something wicked.
      Well fiddle dee dee!!

Comment

Two lanes for ordering, each with its own menu board and speaker. These two lanes then merge into a single lane to the window where you pay and maybe receive your food.
        Wait, there are two lanes for ordering, but only one for payment and food pickup? Then what the hell is the point of the two lanes in the first place? It's still going to bottleneck at the pay and pickup points and you have the extra problem of order mixups.

I think Rallys and In N Out have the idea worked out a whole lot better.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Believe it or not, it works pretty well most times. I haven't had an order screwed up recently that I remember and they keep people moving pretty well.

I think they do this by taking an order from one lane, then an order from the other.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Rine View Post
            Ooooh, I see. Sorta. Well, I can't really picture in my head how it would work and I'm glad I don't have to deal with that sort of thing on my rare trips through fast food drive-thrus.
            I think they do this by taking an order from one lane, then an order from the other.
            Kinda from what I've seen. The order taker has two registers, lets call them #1 and #2. There's also a monitor showing the two order lanes and on it is a line. What the person does is once you order and start to move forward, they complete your order once your vehicle reaches the line on the monitor. So in theory, even if the person in the other lane finishes their order before yours, if they don't move up right away and you get in front of them, your order will be placed before theirs in the system.

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
            Then what the hell is the point of the two lanes in the first place? It's still going to bottleneck at the pay and pickup points and you have the extra problem of order mixups.
            All I can think of is if someone can't make up their mind, they can still get other orders done while that person decides what they want.

Comment

I don't mean to be rude, but what do you expect from 16 year old managers at McDonalds?

I mean, the last time I went to the Worst McDonalds Ever (the one by my old apartment, for the umpteenth time they screwed up my order, promised me they'd fixed it, and I went inside to get it fixed properly), the pimple faced, 16 year old manager cracked his bubblegum and said "Ok whatever" when I explained the situation.
              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

The last time I was in a McDonalds, the manager didn't speak English at all, the register was out of receipt tape, and none of the cashier knew how to replace it, and the manager refused when I explained (through an interpreting cashier) that I wanted a receipt.

I think the only reason they can possibly stay in business is because they're across the street from a high school.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Haven't been in a McD's in years. Lost 30 lbs.
                  ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Working...
                  X