This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a sucky evil line cutter!

This happened about half an hour ago, and it just now occurred to me how funny it is.

I was going through McDonalds to grab a couple of cheapo dollar burgers (chicken sandwiches, actually, but who's counting?) for lunch before coming in to work today. Now, most of the McDonalds around here have two drive-thru lanes which are open all the time, including this one. So I pull into the parking lot and see the first lane has three cars in it, the second one has tumbleweeds rolling across it. WTF, herding instincts, but whatever, I pull into the second one and make my order and pull around to the window. Since it's a fairly nice day out today, I had my windows rolled down to enjoy the air before the locusts come tomorrow (our weather has been insane the last couple weeks, heh.)

Just as I get to the second window to pick up my food, one of the cars that had been in the first drive-thru suddenly whips up beside mine, honking it's horn, and this middle-aged Churchlady lookalike hangs out her window and starts yelling "Don't serve her! She cut in line!!"

Me and the girl in the window both just kind of freeze and stare at this woman, with the girl in the window standing with my bag kinda halfway out. I mean, what the hell else reaction can you have to that?

Churchlady continues to rage on. "I was waiting my turn in line and she came around all of us and she cut, she shouldn't get her food before me!!" (Um, by the way, lady, you had to get out of line to come around here and yell at us...)

The girl in the window blinks a minute, then looks at me and says "What's she talking about?"

"I used the drive-thru that was empty instead of the one that had three cars in it, including her."

"Uh....huh." The girl looked at the woman again, who was staring at us expectantly, and then looked back at me and handed me my bag. "Anyway, have a nice day."

"Yeah, you too." And with that, I started to pull off, listening to Churchlady suddenly start screaming and bellowing at the window about the unfairness of it all, I cut, blah blah blah. In my rearview, I saw the girl in the window simply slide her window shut, which made me kind of chuckle a bit.

Now, like I said, half an hour later, sitting in my office and eating my chicken, it has finally hit me what happened and I violated rule one with mayo and spicy chicken. Fortunately it was not onto my computer.

YES, I HAVE BECOME PART OF THE PROBLEM. *flogs self*
    "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

I like and hate the 2 drive-thru lanes. It is a good idea, but still...ya know?
    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth powerboy View Post
      I like and hate the 2 drive-thru lanes. It is a good idea, but still...ya know?
      I adore them. It means that when there is a line full of clones (we always call the lane with 6 people in it, when the second lane has only 2, the "clone lane"), I don't have to get stuck behind them because I can think outside the box.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I had a guy cut me off once, on purpose. (Single lane drive-thru).

At the Wendy's near my old place, you were suppose to drive around the parking lot in order to PROPERLY get in line, however it was possible to cut straight through and get in line, but this put you right in the flow of traffic, so this just makes you an ass.

Well I went around the parking lot, and just as I was getting up to the speaker, someone cut straight through and right in front of me. He looks out his window and just laughs, so I flicked him off, went around him and parked. Got out, went -inside- and got my food. By the time I got my food and came back out he was JUST ordering his.

I just held my bag up, waved at him, got in my car and left.

He decided to be an ass and cut me off, and yet, I still win
        <Insert clever signature here>

Comment

The McD's with two lanes are just popping up around here.

It cracks me up that sheeple (sheep-people) will line up at the one and leave the other one empty. And then stare at you like you did something wrong when you DO WHAT YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO DO by going through the second line.

Haven't had anyone yell at me yet, though. I'm sure it will happen. Can't wait.
          "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

I was cut off in a drive-thru line a few years ago. I wasn't in a hurry and didn't care to get my blood pressure up about something so stupid, so I just let it go. I didn't even look at the guy, I just started digging around in my purse to get change ready.

When I got to the window to pick up my order, the cashier informed me that the "gentleman in front has paid for your order, and thanks you for being so understanding."

The world would be a better place if everyone just relaxed.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

I also love/hate the double drive thrus.

Pro: Idiots will line up at one lane, maybe 5-6 cars deep, while no one will use the other lane

Con: No one will merge properly, too many people with an entitlement whore complex, and many near accidents have been caused by double lanes.
              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

The only double drive throughs I've seen are double window, too. Where your lane is set from order to payment, and the two don't converge. They are not common.
                The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

We have a double drive-thru at one MacDonald's near the local mall. One of the lanes always has a bright orange traffic cone in the middle of it. I guess they've had too many people like the church lady lookalike causing a scene.

Comment

Quoth idrinkarum View Post
                    We have a double drive-thru at one MacDonald's near the local mall. One of the lanes always has a bright orange traffic cone in the middle of it. I guess they've had too many people like the church lady lookalike causing a scene.
                    I suspect it might be because they either don't have enough traffic to warrant it, or they just don't want to bother having a second person on that second window.

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Stupid church lady ... I hate them anyway ... usually holier-than-thou entitlement whores. Good for you for not just getting in the one line.

That's why they have TWO lines. DUH.
                      "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Working...
                      X