This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cash Stolen from Lockers

Yesterday, at the exercise facility I go to, I was in the locker room and overheard 2 women mention that their cash had been stolen. As I was leaving the locker room later that night, an employee informed me about the cash theft problem and I let her know that I heard about that. The employee up front wanted to know if I had money stolen that night. I mentioned that I hadn't and let both employees know that I used a lock which they both said was a smart thing to do.
    My Fanfic Page
    My Fiction Page
    My Social Group
    My Pet Social Group
    My You Tube Channel

heh, locking your door will keep out 95% of thieves.

Coincidentally, yesterday my boss was talking about things he's fired people for. One was at a different business around 6 years ago where they sent an employee to collect change from the bank. This employee would walk through the back door with a bag full of cash, deposit some of it in her locker, then put the rest where it was supposed to go. They caught her at the end of the month when the bank statement didn't match the amounts entered into the system.

Comment

And they didn't lock their lockers because.....?

We had a similar-but-different problem at my store. Somebody was ripping stuff off and placing her stash in the unlocked lockers belonging to other employees so they would be suspected instead. She did get caught and fired.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

If you have a locker, why not, oh I don't know...LOCK it?
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I admit I didn't lock my locker at the gym, but I also didn't put anything in it that I couldn't stand to lose. Everything of vital importance either stayed in my car trunk, in my pants pocket while I was working out, or at the desk with the employees. If someone wanted to steal my stinking clothes that I'd worn all day before then, hey, saves me the load of laundry.
          "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

one of the guys at my work had his IPod stolen out of his locker. When he told me I asked if he had a lock on it. His response, "But nothing has ever been stolen before!" I had to fight to not laugh in his face. Even better a week later he was leaving his brand new IPod in his unlocked locker.

PS My work has a constant locker thieft problem, most often new staff or leaving staff doing it but it happens every couple months that somebody's electronic something or other goes missing.
            If it makes sense, it's not allowed™. -- BeckySunshine

I've heard of breaking wind but not breaking and entering wind. --- Sheldonrs

My gaming blog:Ghosts from the Black

Comment

We have a fitness center at my job, and when I first started going there, I didn't use a lock on my locker.

Then one night, I went there to workout before hitting the bar. There was a guy in the locker room, but I didn't think anything of it. I changed, did my workout as normal, showered, changed back, and hit the bar.

When I went to pay my tab at the end of the night, I my wallet was empty. I had about $50 in it when I left the house, and now I had nothing. The only time I had be seperated from my wallet was when I was working out, and I was pretty sure the guy I saw in the locker room was the one who had done it. Couldn't prove anything, though. Thankfully, only the cash was missing, all the cards were still there.

After that, I started bringing a lock with me. Interestingly enough, I ran into the same guy about a week later. Somehow, we got to talking, and I casually mentioned what had happened, and what I'd do to the guy if I ever caught him.

I never saw him again after that.
              Sometimes life is altered.
              Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
              Uneasy with confrontation.
              Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth IvorTangrean View Post
                one of the guys at my work had his IPod stolen out of his locker. When he told me I asked if he had a lock on it. His response, "But nothing has ever been stolen before!"
                My old flatmate used to leave the front door open (yes open, not just unlocked) when he went out. When I chewed him out about it he said "Who's going to walk in?"
                My answer: "Somebody who's not meant to be here and is looking for stuff to steal."

He always locked the door after that.

Comment

That's just plain common sense to lock up your valuables both in and out of the house! Aside from that, locks are cheap to get and are a good investment to keep your things from being stolen (unless the locks are already provided for at your job,the gym, etc.).
                  I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                  Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                  Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                    that's exactly what they said in my wally world orientation

word for word

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                      You would think that....but most of our thefts out here at the college are because people put there stuff down on the floor/couch/tables and then just leave. Sometimes for over an hour. They expect it to be there when they get back and are very suprised when it isn't. This is a college. You have hundred dollar books. Most of you have Ipods or other music devices. There's plenty to be stolen and you're suprised?
                      "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

About what I said before...I know-- If it makes sense, it's not allowed™®©.

Quoth AKWalMartCartGuy View Post
                        that's exactly what they said in my wally world orientation

word for word
                        Complete with the smiley?
                        Unseen but seeing
                        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                        3rd shift needs love, too
                        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I had roommates in the singles' apartment at college who would leave the front door unlocked. When my other roommate and I called them on it, they commented that we were all the way at the end of the hall, nowhere near an entrance to the complex, so we'd be the last apartment anyone would rob. Nevermind the window at the end of the hallway right next to our front door. Which window was situated right over the driveway. Perfect for any potential thieves to just hand stuff out the window to their buds in the truck and get away faster.

Thankfully nothing ever got stolen, nor did we have any random crazies walk into our apartment like some other singles' apartments in the area did at the time.

That was (and most likely still is) a big problem at the university I attended. Everyone is so trusting of the area that they often leave their rooms/offices/apartments/cars/bikes/lockers/etc. unlocked, or their backpacks just lying around in the library or student center unattended, and then wondered why stuff went missing. And they would keep doing this despite the multitude of news reports on campus of backpack theft rings and so many items going missing after being left in unlocked locations.
                          "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                          - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Maybe it's because I grew up in a big city with plenty of crime, but I just can't comprehend why these folks don't lock their doors or lockers. It's not exactly a difficult process: you put the key in the lock and twist it until you can't pull the door open, or you buy a lock for about $3 and put it on your locker. Duh!

It's like the flakey moms at my son's old preschool, who would leave their purses in their cars when they picked their kids up, then were shocked when they went back, found the windows smashed and their purses gone. Frankly, I think they were lucky they didn't find their cars gone, as well. God gave you a brain, use it.
                            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                            My LiveJournal
                            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                              God gave you a brain, use it.
                              I think he may have skipped a few people. Possibly for entertainment value.
                              "But I don't want to be among mad people."
                              You can't help that. We're all mad here. Every fucking one of us.

Comment

Working...
                              X