This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am not very proud of myself :(

This literally happened a few minutes ago.
    I popped down to the local shops to get a burger and fries for lunch.
    I'm standing in the queue, waiting for my turn to order.
    A couple entered after me.

The girl at the till motions me forward (I know it was me since she made eye contact and all), and the female half of the couple pushes in front of me.

I say very pleasantly "Excuse me, Ma'm, but I was in front of you."

This South African version of Trailer Trash turns to me and says very aggressively: "Well then you'd better fuckin move then!"

My response?

"Go f*censored* yourself, bitch!"

I'm not proud of it...

So I make my order, and just as I'm getting the slip, this *censored* basically pushes me out of the way, and makes a nasty comment.

I turned to her, raised an eyebrow and said "At least I have the intellectual capacity to understand what queues are and how they work!"

Sat down, waited for my order, and then left.

Sucky, I know. But I'm having a very emotional day, and if she hadn't told me to F***ing move, there would've been no issue.

*sigh*
    The report button - not just for decoration

And there we have ladies ang gentlemen an example of Betari's Box, your attitude affects my attitude, your actions affect my actions.

She was a bitch, you responded, don't beat yourself up about it we're all entitled to bad days (and anyway she started it! )
    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

I second the 'don't beat yourself up' comment. Don't worry about it. She was just pissed someone didn't put up with her crap. Good for you.
      "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

I don't see where you sucky. She started it, including the swearing. At that point, fire back & no holds barred (verbally speaking, anyway). Kudos for standing up for yourself!

Comment

no suckiness there; you stood up for yourself, letting the hag know that her behavior was unacceptable.

that deserves a
          look! it's ghengis khan!
          Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

*hugs*

It'll be OK.

I'm sure more of us than you think have done that.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

That woman was being a cunt, and deserved the harsh language.
              Bravo to you, I say, for giving her what she deserved.

Just out of curiosity, what was her "better half" (I'm nearly afraid to ask) doing during all of this?
              Herewith, a nugget of wisdom from the very wise Mike Brady: "Alone, we can only move buckets. But if we work together, we can drain rivers."

--
              mannabozo.wordpress.com

Comment

Quoth HowMayIHelpMe? View Post
                Just out of curiosity, what was her "better half" (I'm nearly afraid to ask) doing during all of this?
                Standing there gormlessly. I think he was quite possibly very henpecked...

I hate confrontation. I'm shaky for an hour afterward

Comment

Is it just me, or does anyone else feel like the men who stand around mousily with these kinds of women are WORSE than the offenders themselves?

Dont beat yourself up, m'dear. You didn't do a THING wrong.
                  "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
                    Standing there gormlessly. I think he was quite possibly very henpecked...
                    I saw one of those once. Some woman was screaming at me about "bait and switch" when our store ran out of a sales item, despite the fact that we gave rainchecks. Trying to explain to her that I wasn't the one who did the ordering didn't stop her from yelling at me.

Meanwhile, her husband was standing there silently, rolling his eyes, and obviously embarrassed by her behavior.
                    Sometimes life is altered.
                    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                    Uneasy with confrontation.
                    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Please describe the South African version of white trash. Do they wear wife beaters and have mullets, too?
                      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

You did the right thing. Here in the Philippines it's quite common for people to try to cut in lines. Some of these women get themselves body checked ... mild hockey style body check.

Fucking rude cows.
                        "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                          Please describe the South African version of white trash. Do they wear wife beaters and have mullets, too?
                          In summer, yes. But the woman had badly bleached hair, the look of someone that over-indulges in alcohol (and as the daughter of a semi-alcoholic, I know that look), holey tracksuit pants, ratty t-shirt. And of course, the loud voice, and you just KNOW she's the kind of person that tells inappropriate jokes when there are kiddies present.

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
                            In summer, yes. But the woman had badly bleached hair, the look of someone that over-indulges in alcohol (and as the daughter of a semi-alcoholic, I know that look), holey tracksuit pants, ratty t-shirt. And of course, the loud voice, and you just KNOW she's the kind of person that tells inappropriate jokes when there are kiddies present.
                            Not much different from the American version, then. Did she have the harsh, quacking voice from too many packs of cigarettes per day, as well?

You were not in the wrong. She was. Yes, confrontation can be scary, but some people need to be reminded that the universe does not revolve around them.
                            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                            My LiveJournal
                            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I once had a somewhat similar situation at work(It hasn't been long enough to tell the story, I don't want the bitch to write corporate and get me in trouble if she reads it)

a manager pulled me into the office and was like "you weren't wrong to be mad, the only thing you did wrong was when you yelled, I was getting mad just talking to her, she's just an angry person, and the only way she can get people to talk to her is if she has a complaint" and then proceeded to not coach me, at least partly to spite her

Comment

Working...
                              X