Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My mom's name is on all of my bank accounts and my dad has a POA. Hey, I'm the only thing my kids have, if I kick it I need things lined up for their care. Guess I'm lucky I have a mom and dad I can trust with anything.
    ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Quoth Lingering Grin View Post
      There are reasons for someone over 18 to have their parents on an account.
      My Dad was on both my checking & savings before I got married. The only reason was so if I died or was otherwise incapable of getting money that was needed someone could get it.

Comment

Quoth Kyree View Post
        He was 19, though
        The account could've been opened when he was still underage. My mother opened my first bank account when I was 6 weeks old and her name was on it. That same account stayed open until I lost my account book and had to open a new one. The odd thing was I was only 17 and not only did they let me close the account out by myself they actually asked my if I wanted her name on the new account. I said no. Oh, and when I opened my first checking account at 16 with nobody's name on it but mine.
        Mon aƩroglisseur est plein des anguilles!"

Comment

I was my grandma's POA and was on her checking account, along with her sister, the years before she passed away in 2006.

It was really odd when I went to close her checking account. I just said 'she passed away', showed my ID, and it was closed! I didn't need a death cert or signatures from my aunt or anything.

Kinda made me wonder in a divorce situation if a spurned wife/husband could do that so easily.
          "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth Gerrinson View Post
            By that afternoon, my mother, who worked for a different bank altogether had been called by the teller and informed that I took my money out of my account.
            Quoth Kyree View Post
            He was 19, though

Was it set up when he was still a minor? I once had my first bank account set up by my mom when I was 16 and when I was about 20 they didn't let me deposit half of my check and cash the rest because of that. My mom decided to switch us to another bank after they started playing their games on us and I've been happy about that...and this time MY name is on MY account.
            I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
            X