This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minor, but annoying all the same

After taking my son's girlfriend home last night around 1030p, my son and I decided to stop in Krogers to get some cookies.

There were a fair amount of people in the store for being fairly late on a Tuesday night. I started to wonder if there was snow predicted, but there wasn't - so I guess it was just a fluke.

The U-Scan was closed and 2 full service lanes were open, one regular and one express. There was a lady at the regular one with a huge cart of stuff and about 3 people with huge carts behind her. The express had 6 people lined up. We stepped in line at express, behind a guy who had probably cose to 15 items, which is the limit of the express. The guy directly in front of him had 2 items, and we were last, with our two items.

Another casher stepped up and announced she was opening the second express lane and that she'd "take the NEXT person in line". Since the other 3 customers in the first express lane already had their small orders already on the belt, the guy who was standing with (4th in line) the two items started to walk over. All of a sudden, the guy I'm directly behind (with the 15 or so items) pulls his cart back and literally begins to RUN over to the other lane, ahead of the guy who was next in line, with the two items.

After my son snickered loudly and said 'GOD', I had stepped back to avoid being run over by the idiot with the cart and walked over with the guy who was rightfully next. He and I kind of rolled our eyes at each other.

When we approached the other express lane, he did the gentlemanly thing and stepped back and offered me to go ahead. I said fairly loudly, "No sir, YOU go ahead since YOU were the NEXT PERSON IN LINE ahead of THAT guy with ALL HIS STUFF. Thanks anyway, though!"

My son began to laugh loudly and the polite guy smiled and chuckled. The rude guy gave me a dirty look and the cashier stifled a smile.

I told my son on the way out that I had better not ever catch him pulling that crap, although judging by his reaction to the idiot, I don't think I have to worry.

Bottom line, if a teenager can sense the correct protocol for moving to another line but a man clearly in his 50's cant, there is a problem.
    Last edited by Peppergirl; 03-12-2008, 08:12 PM.
    "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Good for your son and good for you for raising him.

Myself, I'm more blunt. I would've waited until I was close enough to the asshole and said "What a rude piece of gutter trash. Can't even wait properly in line like a human being."
    "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

It always amazes me when someone looks at me in shock when I volunteer to let them, with their 2 items, in front of me, with my whole basketful. I mean, are manners that dead?

Oh wait, yes they are. I should know that by now.
      "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

I was standing in the express lane with my daughter a few days ago when the lady behind me made the comment about moving out of the other express lane because clearly the man ahead of her didn't know how to count. I snickered and told her I think the same thing, sometimes commenting loudly on it.

Her husband piped up, "Oh, but that's nothing compared to what we saw a few days ago!" The wife proceeded to tell a story about a man with an overflowing cart in the 12 items or less line, who not only shoved his way in front of them when they only had ONE item, but they saw him on their way out, loading all of his groceries into his Corvette......which was illegally parked in the handicapped spot....

So I pimped the site and told her I'd be posting her story. Here's to you sweet lady!
        ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

I am 26 years of age. Not that this has anything to do with it. But I always let someone with a few items go ahead of me. The one time I didn't was when I saw a family with 2 carts. She was standing in line with about 2 items and asked if she could go ahead. I simply told her no and that I know her family has 2 carts already. And yeah it was in a 10 item or less line.
          Under The Moon Paranormal Research
          San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Working...
          X