X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think they're closed

Witnessed while driving to my games club's AGM (I'm now treasurer):

There's a service station that's been closed for many months now. Long enough that weeds are growing on the forecourt and the place has a bunch of graffiti tags. There are no price boards, the lights are never on and one window has been boarded up. "For sale" signs have been up for the last three months, which is long enough that they've been tagged too. One look at the place will tell you they're closed and have been for quite a while.

As I drove past, I noticed a car parked there on the forecourt with the bonnet up and a bit of steam coming out. The kicker was that somebody (presumably the driver) was standing with his face pressed up against the sliding door, peering in as if looking for an elusive staff member.

Am I evil for laughing until I cried when I read this?
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
      Am I evil for laughing until I cried when I read this?
      although I feel for the poor motorist...... no you are not evil just a member in good standing of CS board LOL
      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Well, maybe he was looking to buy the property and just wanted to get an idea of how the inside looks. I have been known to do the same.
        Under The Moon Paranormal Research
        San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

This needs to be on one of those demotivator posters ... Desperation ... When you're up shit creek and you're willing to grab at any log that passes by.
          "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Maybe the motorist's car broke down, right there next to that closed gas station, and that's as far as he could push his car or something. And maybe he was looking inside to see if they had a phone, or leftover parts that he could break in and steal to fix his car?

Comment

Quoth tigerlily0 View Post
              Maybe the motorist's car broke down, right there next to that closed gas station, and that's as far as he could push his car or something. And maybe he was looking inside to see if they had a phone, or leftover parts that he could break in and steal to fix his car?
              That's where I'd place my bets Looking for something to "borrow" to fix his car.

Comment

Working...
              X