This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not so much sucky, but I don't know what this is

Okay, so I'm 7+ months pregnant and going to the doctor pretty regularly. A couple of weeks ago, I'm sitting in the waiting room and there's this woman in there, probably about 25 to 30. Now, she's apparently one of these people who is just really outgoing and likes to talk. So she's in the waiting room and telling anyone and everyone who will listen her whole life story and she's really loud. No biggie, I'm trying to read my book, but some people are just like that. So she gets called in at about the same time I do and we get put into rooms next to each other. Here's where the weirdness ensues:

Dr.: Doctor
    Pt.: Patient
    N: Nurse

Doctor knocks on the door of her room, and opens the door.

N: Oh my God!
    Dr.: Gee, sorry didn't they leave you a drape?
    Pt: Oh yeah, it's right here.

Doctor closes the door, so I can't hear him and the nurse anymore, but I can still hear the patient because she is sooo loud.

Pt: Yeah, I figure you've seen it all before, so what difference does it make?

Pt: No, that's okay, I don't need it. You're going to be all up in there, so I don't care.

Pt: No really, I'm fine, just go ahead and do what you have to do. I'm cool with it.

This goes on for awhile and I think they finally got her to cover up some. Apparently, she was just laying in there with her hoo-ha hanging out for all to see and did not want to use the paper drape for anything. I was cracking up the whole time. The nurse then comes into my room after leaving next door and she just looked completely stunned. After my exam, I was leaving and I told the nurse "good luck with the rest of your patients". She just started laughing and said "I guess it takes all kinds!"

Seriously, why??

There's a girl like that at work. She comes outside on break and talks really loudly about her drunken adventures, all the sex she has, all the guys she picks up, etc etc etc......I mean, she gets really graphic, and if you saw this girl, you'd probably puke. The other night, we could hear her going into detail about how she was in a wet tshirt contest.....and lost, even though her boobs are "perkier". I think I puked a little in my mouth hearing that one.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Ew.

I wonder if you're gregarious fellow patient was as loud as one doctor I had.

I got put into the exam room to wait for my doctor to be ready to see me, and I could hear the doctor in the next room over. I thought, at the time, that he was uncomfortably loud, and that was from a room away.

When he got to me, I was actually wincing from the volume of his voice, he was just that loud. I actually requested to change doctors because I couldn't handle seeing him normally.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
        There's a girl like that at work. She comes outside on break and talks really loudly about her drunken adventures, all the sex she has, all the guys she picks up, etc etc etc......I mean, she gets really graphic, and if you saw this girl, you'd probably puke. The other night, we could hear her going into detail about how she was in a wet tshirt contest.....and lost, even though her boobs are "perkier". I think I puked a little in my mouth hearing that one.
        Sounds like textbook sex addiction to me

Comment

There's a textbook to learn about it? Think she wants to practice some homework on me?

Rapscallion

Comment

Raps, trust me, you do NOT want to do any practicing with this lass, or should I say, chavette......
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
              Ew.

I wonder if you're gregarious fellow patient was as loud as one doctor I had.

I got put into the exam room to wait for my doctor to be ready to see me, and I could hear the doctor in the next room over. I thought, at the time, that he was uncomfortably loud, and that was from a room away.

When he got to me, I was actually wincing from the volume of his voice, he was just that loud. I actually requested to change doctors because I couldn't handle seeing him normally.

^-.-^
              And that leads to a HIPPA violation!
              It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

one of my co workers got flashed

bitch had to do it on my day off

Comment

Quoth AKWalMartCartGuy View Post

How rude! She should come back and flash the rest of the crew.
                  "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Quoth Skoobeedu View Post
                    Pt: Yeah, I figure you've seen it all before, so what difference does it make?

Pt: No, that's okay, I don't need it. You're going to be all up in there, so I don't care.

Pt: No really, I'm fine, just go ahead and do what you have to do. I'm cool with it.
                    Holy cow, your doctor had Miss Marcie as a patient!
                    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                    My LiveJournal
                    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                      Wait.....Tuna has a second job? Blas, we work with the same girl. She has a huge gut and no ass and giand saggy boobs...which she crams into a tube top (for work!)

Huh, I wonder how she makes the commute from NE to WI......
                      Well fiddle dee dee!!

Comment

Quoth AKWalMartCartGuy View Post

The daughter of the bosslady mooned the front of our building, once.

^-.-^
                        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Now, see, this is why I love my ob/gyn. They have nice, thick, warm robes that are big enough to cover even the biggest of preggo tums (even mine!). Even if for some reason you had to switch rooms you could do so without getting redressed and with no fear of flashing anything beyond an ankle. Fantastic.

As for ppl who revel in giving TMI, you've got my upstairs neighbors. They've not even been here 3 weeks and I've called security on them 5 times because their performances wake up my son. Every Day. Bedtime, naptime, no matter. Granted each performance is on average 3.5 minutes, but when it is happening 4 times a day at least, it grates on the nerves. My son is only 9 months old, he does NOT need to be exposed the the Posturpedic Olympics, and even more embarrassing is he's mimicking the girl's moans and screams! But of course when I went to management about it, quoting where the lease says that you must be respectful of your neighbors, I was told that the lease did not bar fornicating and I could basically move or shut up about it. All I want is for them to move their headboard away from the wall, maybe put something under the mattress, and be aware that their neighbors can hear EVERYTHING. But after a nice letter from me and a 10 day notice from mgmt, they still keep doing it, no pun intended.
                          "I've never had a heart attack, but it isn't for my son's lack of trying." - Me

Comment

You should try to be a friendly neightbor. When the performance starts, pop up for a quick visit. You know, just to say "hi."

Or record the performances, and play it at the next block party.
                            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                              You should try to be a friendly neightbor. When the performance starts, pop up for a quick visit. You know, just to say "hi."
                              If they don't wake the kid up, then I'll just seethe. But the next time they do I will be popping upstairs to say hi...with a cranky, snot-covered, wailing, pissed off infant.

P.S.- sorry about the apparant threadjack, I'm new and that was really bothering me, I'll know better next time, Promise!
                              "I've never had a heart attack, but it isn't for my son's lack of trying." - Me

Comment

Working...
                              X