This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EW in passing

Hey Guys. First time poster, but I've been around since the early years of Customers Suck! (yeah, the one with the gaudy orange layout, I remember it all...) Finally remembered to post something!

SCW:Sucky Woman
    SCM:Sucky Man, presumably SCW's partner in crime
    Me: I'll give you 3 guesses and a hint...

So I've been having a couple problems with my phone lately (Motorola W490, nothin but trouble) so I decided to hop on down to my local Cell Carrier shop to see what I can do about a warranty replacement. Enter SCW dragging SCM behind her, talking to a CSR. He does his shpiel, obviously getting a sale from her, and then I hear this little gem pop from her mouth.

SCW : Now all I have to do is call <Other Major carrier in area> and say my phone doesn't work in my house. If I yell enough, they have to waive the termination fee.

Me:

CSR acted like he didn't hear anything, but what kind of person says that IN FRONT OF THE CSR YOU'RE GETTING A CONTRACT WITH!!!
    Carpe Jugulum : Go for the throat.

CSR acted like he didn't hear anything, but what kind of person says that IN FRONT OF THE CSR YOU'RE GETTING A CONTRACT WITH!!!
    1. The kind of person who recognizes that CSRs at the call center handling her complaints are often whipped into waiving termination fees because it's "good customer service" and "if you don't she'll tell 10 people about her negative experience OH NOEZ!"

2. The CSR at the store is not going to be the one dealing with this hag so why would he say anything? That task is going to go to the serf in the call center who's unfortunate enough to have to take her call.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

One of the few things that irk me about my job is that we have it drilled into our brains to educate customers and "increase the value" of our tech services by explaining it to them when they get charged for service calls.

Of course when they bitch, they demand a supervisor, who naturally waives the fee. Their logic? "I'm not going to get yelled at over $25".

GAH!
      "You know, there are times when it's a source of personal pride not to be human." - Hobbes

Comment

Quoth Seraphim View Post
        SCW : Now all I have to do is call <Other Major carrier in area> and say my phone doesn't work in my house. If I yell enough, they have to waive the termination fee.

No we don't "have" to do anything-and without tech support confirmation, and at least two previous trouble tickets for service in the past three months I won't

I am the evil CS rep-but I can be-I'm paid to save the company money-I approve and deny credits-no credit over $50(or adding up to $50) gets approved without my sayso-and being kinda heartless-you can throw any sob story you like at me, the charges are still valid.
        Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Working...
        X