Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

plaid, that has happened to me, but with an account for a cc; i'd paid off the balance, but the last pmt was late. nothing was ever said about it, and i forgot.

lo and behold, a year and change later, i get a call from the company stating that i owed a years worth of late charges; their claim was they couldn't contact me for a year.

um, you just did now and it's my problem that you figured it out a year later?? wtf? i had to argue with them over the fact that a) they were the ones that let this lapse so long b) even with my supposed 'bad' contact info, they just NOW are letting me know c) the bill was paid, late (which i readily admit to and was willing to cover late fees, but not a year+ worth because they failed to notice and contact me in reasonable amount of time)

it was the one time i was actually and intentionally sucky; if i'm wrong, i'll admit to it, but don't try to take me for a ride, you don't want me as THAT passenger.
    look! it's ghengis khan!
    Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth Hello Kitty View Post
      Many a time have I seen people LOUDLY talking/swearing in front of small children. Totally asinine. Some people have no class.
      Many a SC will do that to me, this has happened before on a weekend when the store is FULL. They swear more then twice when theirs other people around and their children, they're out the door. I don't care if they shout expletives (not at me, but in general when I'm serving them which is common when I'm serving someone under the influence or just strange) when theirs nobody else around, but when theirs other peoples children around and they don't have that courtesy I have to make sure they don't offend..
      - Boochan

Comment

Quoth Boochan View Post
        Not a library or video rental store here, but customers who give us stuff to send away for repair incur Service Charges if their item was rejected (i.e if it was under warranty but the warranty didn't cover it, or the customer voided the warranty somehow). Many times we cop it on the chin and take the fee out of the stores takings ($20-50) because we have ended up in fights with some customers because they refuse to take responsibility for breaking their stuff.
        I know the feeling. And we even do a schpiel when setting up the repair request, basically stating "To your knowledge, there is no liquid, lightning, smoke, burn or physical damage to the unit? And you are aware that there may be additional charges if any such damage is found?" which they must agree to before we complete the request.

I've even had customers flat out admit a lightning strike caused the problem, then say "no" to the first question above. Whatever dude - I just don't want to hear you whine about the fees when you get billed for it.
        "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Working...
        X