• Show
Clear All

• Here we go round.

Here we go round the counter top
    The counter top
    The counter top
    Here we go round the counter top
    I just want my damn food!

I'm in line at McDonald's waiting to order. There is a woman in front of me ordering hers.

SC: Three guesses and the first two don't count
    Clerk:

SC: Yes, I would like a hamburger with cheese.
    Clerk: One cheeseburger.
    SC: No. I said a hamburger. Please. And don't forget the cheese.
    Clerk: So, you would like a cheeseburger?
    SC: God, no! You serve hamburgers, right? One hamburger, but put cheese on top!
    Clerk: That's called a cheeseburger.
    SC: Why must you make it so hard! All I want is a f*cking hamburger with f*cking cheese!
    Me: *dying inside*
    "But I don't want to be among mad people."
    You can't help that. We're all mad here. Every fucking one of us.

This is a joke, right? Right? Please tell me it is.

Because I'm getting that stabbing pain in my head again that usually comes when thousands of my brain cells commit sideways all at once, and I don't like that feeling.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

The number of times I heard that from the other side of the counter. And "cheeseburger without cheese" was another one we'd get requests for all the time.

Tis a wonder I have any braincells left at all!

Comment

Can I have a cheeseburger without cheese? & ice water without ice? <ducks> LOL

Comment

I am surprised she didn't get her hamburger with cheese for free due to her mental anguish.

Comment

Okay, I am one of those ppl that orders a cheeseburger without cheese at McD's. Here's why- on the dollar menu they have the double cheeseburger, but no double hamburger option. I have never seen a menu listing for a double hamburger. I have tried to order a double hamburger at McD's in the past and gotten some of the funniest looks from the cashiers kind of like I'd just ordered chipped baby on toast with lemon turd sauce. So now I just order a double cheeseburger without cheese and have yet to have a problem with my order.

So there. :P
            "I've never had a heart attack, but it isn't for my son's lack of trying." - Me

Comment

That one I understand, because there is no equivalent menu item. Heck, I order that one myself!

Comment

One of my friends told me of a few stories about fast food joints. "cheeseburger without the cheese", "hamburger with cheese", "chicken salad without the chicken", "ice tea without ice" (granted sometimes it makes sense, like if there's no equivalent menu item as others have mentioned -- but with the chicken salad one, salad was on the menu)

But none of it tops me once being asked to make someone a cheese only pizza -- without cheese (it's just crust with sauce -- better known as "breadsticks" if cut right)

Comment

Interesting..
                  Most can still work it out in their POS to that as the customer asks.. though it generally costs more then the equivalent burger option (i.e cheeseburger without cheese still costs the same as a cheeseburger, or a hamburger with cheese costs more then a cheeseburger). Whatever they want I guess..
                  - Boochan

Comment

Quoth Princess-Snake View Post
                    Clerk: That's called a cheeseburger.
                    SC: Why must you make it so hard! All I want is a f*cking hamburger with f*cking cheese!
                    Me: *dying inside*
                    Was there a strong petro-chemical smell emanating from this woman, the only logical explanation would be that she's spent the last 8-10 months of her life huffing petrol (gas).
                    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth Boochan View Post
                      Interesting..
                      Most can still work it out in their POS to that as the customer asks.. though it generally costs more then the equivalent burger option (i.e cheeseburger without cheese still costs the same as a cheeseburger, or a hamburger with cheese costs more then a cheeseburger). Whatever they want I guess..

Now, just thinking of what you said gave me an idea of what she might have been doing. If she didn't realise that there was an option to add in cheese at the customer's cost, she might have been trying to save a few cents on a cheeseburger by ordering a hamburger with cheese as the condiment and banking that nobody would notice. Still a little bit stupid, but more on the side of cheap, which is still well within an SC's normal behavioural pattern.

Comment

I hope my brain cells recover enough so I can use sharp knives at work tonight.
                        Unseen but seeing
                        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                        3rd shift needs love, too
                        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth JLRodgers View Post
                          But none of it tops me once being asked to make someone a cheese only pizza -- without cheese (it's just crust with sauce -- better known as "breadsticks" if cut right)
                          Also otherwise known as Tomato Pie (although I've never had it with cheese, the stuff we can sometimes find at a local grocery in RI is just that, crust with sauce). It was cause for a major family outing when my mom was a kid, and now I've been introduced to it. Yummy.
                          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                            Also otherwise known as Tomato Pie (although I've never had it with cheese, the stuff we can sometimes find at a local grocery in RI is just that, crust with sauce). It was cause for a major family outing when my mom was a kid, and now I've been introduced to it. Yummy.
                            I've never heard of that before! Guess it wasn't too odd then to ask for it (well, ordering method was still a bit odd ["pizza, no toppings, no cheese" would've made more sense to me]).

Comment

Quoth LemonLad View Post
                              Now, just thinking of what you said gave me an idea of what she might have been doing. If she didn't realise that there was an option to add in cheese at the customer's cost, she might have been trying to save a few cents on a cheeseburger by ordering a hamburger with cheese as the condiment and banking that nobody would notice. Still a little bit stupid, but more on the side of cheap, which is still well within an SC's normal behavioural pattern.
                              That's what I was thinking; she was trying to scam free cheese.

Or she's just an idiot. Possibly both.
                              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                              My LiveJournal
                              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
                              X