This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Move your car..... NOW!!!

A little backstory, the local Chamber Of Commerce is doing nine day group trips to China, I went last November with 450 people, this month they have 620 people going, and they are taking reservations for next November. Because of the large amount of people, they split them into groups of about 150, and send them over on different days. So each morning there is a group going, they have three buses take them to JFK Airport outside New York City, early in the morning, like arrive at 5:30am to load up. The way they do it is when you received your ticket package, you are assigned a bus, either A, B, or C for the trip down. Pull in the big parking lot, tell the people your bus, and we point you to which one to drive up to, someone will unload your luggage from your vehicle, and get it on the bus while you park. Easy, right? Then why would I be posting.....

So this morning is the first group for the March trips. Starts out, 2 out of the three buses are late, they were all to be there at 5am since there would be early birds, one because the driver for one bus broke down on his way to the garage to get his bus. So we're going down the line of cars that are waiting to unload and asking who has "A", some who had been waiting since 4:15am, before we even got there, and getting them to pull up to unload. Bus "B" eventually arrives, and we do the same thing with those people in line, and it's easy to see it's going to be a mad house once "C" gets there. Thankfully once the last bus arrived, most of A and B have unloaded, so we're concentrating on getting all the C people loaded. This white mini-van pulls up, we get his bags out and throw them in the luggage compartment. I go and unload a few more cars then notice the min-van still has not gone and park, and it's causing some problems for other people trying to park and us trying to get people loaded since he's right next to the bus. One of the other volunteers is tracking down the driver since they didn't leave the keys in it. I found out later that she did find him over at the lunch truck they had there getting some breakfast. She is one of the nicest people you'd ever meet. She asks him to move his van, he says he will. Since he didn't move right away, she asks him again, he says he will. Third time....
    "Move your car NOW!"
    He went and moved it.
Working...
X