X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOLD THE TRAAINN!!!!!

Quick story from my roomie.

She went up to Jersey City last night to meet someone for drinks, and rather than drive she took the train. She ended up staying overnight on his couch (she missed her train coming back, it was late, so she stayed). So this morning she was on the train waiting to get going, when she heard out the window a woman yelling HOLD THE TRAAINN!!!!! over and over. The conductor came into the car and she asked him "How far away is she?" and he pointed out the window. The train is on a raised platform; the woman was below the platform and across the street. She had a small child following several feet behind her. She was making no attempt to run or anything. Just walking across, yelling HOLD THE TRAAINN!!!!!

They did not hold the train.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

How often does said train come and go?
    Pit bull-

There is no breed of dog more in need of our compassion; in need of our call to arms on their behalf; and in need of what should be the full force of our enduring sanctuary.

Comment

If this is the New Jersey Transit Northeast Corridor, about every half hour sometimes 25 mins.

Comment

Quoth Pezzle View Post
        If this is the New Jersey Transit Northeast Corridor, about every half hour sometimes 25 mins.
        Yeah, pretty much... obviously she wasn't in that much of a hurry...
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
        X