This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fine, so ignore me.

This one comes from a few months back, and to be honest I'd totally forgotten about it. Dunno what made me think of it again but I thought I ought share.

While on my way to get my hair cut, I happen to see this car parked in the middle of the road. (well not the middle but close enough.) Stepping around it to go into the barber shop, I notice that there's a police car there and he's making a call. Looking to me he asks if it's my car, to which I shook my head and pointed across the street to the lot I'd parked in. The officer nodded and went back to his work. Apparently calling in a tow truck. Shrugging it off I went inside the shop, only to find this older woman in gaudy clothing...she'd have made Tammy Fae Baker look normal, chatting up the stylist.

Moving to my usual waiting spot I pick up a magazine and read while listening for my turn. I was a bit early for my appointment, so I had time to kill. Well, while this goes on I happen to look out the window in time to see a truck pull up and begin to work on towing that car out front. Curious... However since I'm nice, I decided to ask whose car that was.

"Who owns the black jag out front?"

Well the lady who I'd noticed before, forever christened Tammy Fae, looks up. "It's mine and you better not be touching it! I paid...." By then I'd quit paying her attention really. I started to tell her that she needed to get out there, since it was being towed, but she ignored me. Even went so far as to snipe at me that I quote "Shouldn't butt in when someone else was talking, since OBVIOUSLY, I didn't have anything important to say." Hmm...the police towing your car isn't important? Curious.

After a few minutes of this, we hear this loud scraping sound and then a squelching of rubber on metal. Tammy Fae perks up and says in all her better than everyone in the room attitude " What's that sound? You should do something about that sound. Do you know what it is?"

Not even looking up from the magazine, I say loud enough to carry. "That's your black Jaguar that you paid so much for being towed. You're parked in a red zone."

Never have I seen a lady in curlers and wet hair with a smock about her run as fast as Tammy Fae did. She didn't make it though, they did tow the car, and she had to get a cab.
    Learn wisdom by the follies of others.

Pwned!
    I don't have an anger problem! I have an idiot problem!-Hank Hill

Comment

WOOT! Wonderful... I watch Parking Wars all the time and it is funny to see how people bitch whine and moan for the parking tickets they pilled up and yet somehow it's the booters company fault.

Comment

Quoth repsac View Post
        Not even looking up from the magazine, I say loud enough to carry. "That's your black Jaguar that you paid so much for being towed. You're parked in a red zone."
        Very nice, classic!
        Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.---Bullet Tooth Tony

Comment

*giggles*

That's utterly fantastic. Ahhh, good to know poetic justice is alive and well.
          Mike: I'm gonna tell my boss I'm Puma Man, maybe he'll let me off early.

- "Puma Man", MST3K.

Comment

I find this story 10 times more amusing when I imagine your old cat-samurai-thing avatar doing the talking. Also, the woman has two chins and pearls. Oh, the giggles come unto me!
            ~ It is a beautiful day to be dizzy!

Comment

I wonder if there's a video of that somewhere.
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

The little critter is back.

Comment

Quoth repsac View Post
                  Yay! I think your kitty avatar is totally cute. And that fly one was a little disturbing... >.>

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                    Yay! I think your kitty avatar is totally cute. And that fly one was a little disturbing... >.>

^-.-^
                    I agree. I kept wanting to swat that fly.
                    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Fantastic!
                      "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

I wanted to see how many people noticed that annoying fly. Call me evil but I keep picturing people trying to kill it on their screens. This one is actually a cute little Kitsune a friend of mine sent me.

Comment

Repsac, I think the kitsune is adorable. The fly kind of creeped me out and I often scrolled just past it so I wouldn't have it crawling around in my peripheral vision. I don't like creepy crawlies.
                          "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                          - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

That's funny. I'd scroll past so it wouldn't show on my screen, too. I don't like a lot of animated avatars because it's distracting. I do the same with animated sig images, too.

Yeah, the kitsune (I can't think I called it a cat) is adorable.

^-.-^
                            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth repsac View Post
                              Heya, critter!
                              ~ It is a beautiful day to be dizzy!

Comment

Working...
                              X