This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth JLG View Post
    Turns out his mom already got their laundry out of the dryers about 2 hours ago.
    That's another thing I don't get. People will leave their wet laundry in one of the washers for hours, I've seen one that was left overnight (Great way to get mildew to start and then you have to run the washer again, genius.) Then probably the same ones will leave it in the dryer for hours. That just makes more work because now it needs ironing!
    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Not to mention it opens you up for laundry theft, it's highly considerate to be hogging the machines when other residents need to use them, and you may just come back to the laundromat to find your laundry piled in a heap in the corner, scattered throughout the laundromat, or strung up in the trees outside.

Not that I've ever wanted to do that in the dorms, no. ::innocent::

That's why I figure if I get down there and find the washer/dryer finished with the laundry sitting there (and no other available machines), I'll wait about ten, fifteen minutes, then heap it onto a nearby table or somesuch for the owner to come fetch. This ain't their house, it's a shared residence. They need to learn that other people use the machines too.
      "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
      - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

We once had a situation where someone had left their laundry in one of the washers and the other was in use. Since their stuff had been there a while already (only barely damp any more), we put their laundry on top while ours washed. Then we moved it back into the washer while ours dried. It was still there when we picked ours up from the dryer.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

The other thing I don't get about leaving your clothes in the washer so long that you have to wash them again is that you waste your money!

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
          Not to mention it opens you up for laundry theft, it's highly considerate to be hogging the machines when other residents need to use them, and you may just come back to the laundromat to find your laundry piled in a heap in the corner, scattered throughout the laundromat, or strung up in the trees outside.
          I had something happen once that was kind of creepy, but wasn't the result of my leaving the wash in the washer over-long. I went to move my clothes from washer to dryer and happened to notice a couple of cloth-type items sitting on the table in the washroom, but I didn't pay them much mind. That is, until I noticed that two pairs of my undies were missing (They just happened to be brown and white leopardskin print). Looked over at the table and, yep, it was them. Which means that someone opened up the washer, pawed through my clothes, removed said undies, and restarted the machine!

Comment

Weeeeeeeeird.... And creepy.

Today was laundry day (at least for our dark load), and while I was down there I was having a fun chat with a neighbor. She apparently once forgot about her laundry and left it in the laundry room for over a month, and didn't realize it until the next time she needed to do laundry. She'd wondered where some of those shirts had wandered off to.

Today, we had a line-up for the dryers because they take longer than the washers, and one was apparently occupied by a no-show. There was a big heap of clothes on top of that dryer when I got down there to put my wash in the first time (had to wait 20 minutes, so I set a timer and came back; you need two keys to get into the laundry room anyway, so I didn't worry about theft). It was still there when I finally got to put my laundry in a washer, and still there when I came down to dry my laundry. According to the aforementioned neighbor, it'd been there when she'd put her laundry in as well (about an hour before I got to wash mine).

So I tossed my clothes into that dryer (the actual dryer was empty), pushed the heap into my basket and dumped it on the table, and then went to start up the dryer. No one else had been using it (causing the pile-up at the dryers), because the heap of clothes blocked the control panel and gave the impression that it was in use. ::facepalm::
            "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
            - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

*is glad he has a house*

Even so, I still have to get my laundry done at my mother's. She's only a block away, and I don't have a washer and drier. So most weekends I take it down there and get it later. I thought about getting my own facilities, but she said not to bother--my laundry is minimal.

Even when I was at school, I didn't really have laundry issues--I was in the dorms, but my grandmother's house wasn't too far away. I'd go to breakfast, then head to her place to do the laundry. And no, she didn't do it for me. At the time, she was still in the hospital after her auto accident. The rest of laundry day was spent playing Wolfenstein or Doom
              Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                The other thing I don't get about leaving your clothes in the washer so long that you have to wash them again is that you waste your money!
                Nekojin once forgot a load of laundry at the coin laundry around the corner. I was with him, but it wasn't my fault he forgot it. I got mine from the next machine over.

Quoth Pagan View Post
                (They just happened to be brown and white leopardskin print)
                *rrowr*

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                  *rrowr*
                  Well, the are from Victoria's Secret after all!

Comment

Something I just remembered from my college days... the college housing was in an actual apartment complex, so there were people living there who weren't in college too. The laundry facilities were not locked either and this was near the middle of downtown Houston. People living there weren't always... the best sort.

I remember one lady calling the cops and throwing a huge fit when her small child's ENTIRE load of laundry (pretty much all his clothing, or close to it) was stolen.

Yeah... that sucks majorly. One thing when it's your own, you can make do with temp clothing.. but your kid's? Urgh. And it makes you kind of wonder... the person who stole it must either be a total arsehole, or someone who really cannot afford to buy their own kid clothing.
                    Confirmed altoholic.

Comment

Working...
                    X