Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ordered a water and got champagne (metaphorically speaking)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ordered a water and got champagne (metaphorically speaking)

Ok, so I get home from work tonight (I’ll write about that tomorrow when I get home) and decide that I didn’t feel like cooking so I call the local pizza shop. Nothing special, a medium pie with pepperoni, ham, mushrooms and double cheese. Sit down to watch the basketball game and wait. The delivery guy gets there, I pay, grab a beer on my way back to my comfy recliner, open the box to see something I wasn’t expecting. The pizza had every topping known to man. I call back to let them know that even though I was ok with what I got, that someone else is not going to be happy with the rather sparse pizza (as compared to what they ordered) that was about to be delivered to them. The lady on the phone thanked me for calling, told me that they’ll take care of it and not to worry. Since I paid what I normally do, I figure they mixed the tickets at the shop. Basically, I got an 18.00 pizza for 11.00. Now I have dinner tomorrow night and a snack or two as well.
    This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Always love being on that end of a mistake when it's toppings I like, but hated being the driver delivering the wrong one. Especially since the time I was a driver I didn't have a cell phone.

Also that was nice of you to call and tell them you are fine with it but let the driver know before he gets flamed at next customers. The people we all write about would not do that. They would want the right order brought out to them too.

So here's a "You Rock" bigjimaz!
    GFY

Comment

Unfortunately, never had that sort of "luck" with pizza delivery. I guess the delivery drivers are pretty spot on around here.. at least they don't screw the order up thankfully, and for that they get reasonable tips
      - Boochan

Comment

I once got an extra garlic bread; when I rang up to let the pizza place know, they just said, "You can keep it." So I did. XD
        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
        My DeviantArt.

Comment

I ordered two double cheeseburgers from McDonalds for $.99 each and got two double quarter pounders (I'd say roughly $5-6 worth of burgers) in my bag. I didn't know until I got home. I thought it was pretty funny.

Comment

Thing is, once its out of the emplyees hands, no half decent company will want any food to come back to them, all that will happen is that it will get thrown out, but letting them know at least stops the driver from getting chewed out (and the company the opportunity to correct the errors next time)
            A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

I arrived to pick a pre-ordered pizza last night and the guy apologised, saying it was overdone and do I still want it? I told him I prefered them overdone than underdone and it would be fine.

Ended up getting a cheaper pizza. Still tasted fine, and since I have all my own teeth then it was fine to the tooth as well.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                I arrived to pick a pre-ordered pizza last night and the guy apologised, saying it was overdone and do I still want it? I told him I prefered them overdone than underdone and it would be fine.

Ended up getting a cheaper pizza. Still tasted fine, and since I have all my own teeth then it was fine to the tooth as well.

Rapscallion
                That reminded me of a person that called for breadsticks that weren't "doughy" in the middle. He wanted them "WELL DONE!" so we kept them in like 2 min longer -- they were so dark brown they were a few seconds from burnt. He called back and said they were doughy inside and we needed to cook them longer. Next time he got them a shade of black (cooked breadsticks as long as a fully-loaded pizza -- we thought about scraping the burnt stuff off of them, but were proving a point [I had a second set of breadsticks that were cooked by "accident" to give him as well for no charge since the first bunch weren't edible]). He called back and said the one set was almost cooked inside, but the other ones were doughy!

Comment

Sounds like my dad. He loved burnt toast. Never figured out why, but it was one of his kicks.
                  Learn wisdom by the follies of others.

Comment

We have a family saying, 'when it's burnt it's done'.

However since moving to uni, as well as going almost totally off cereal and milk, I've evolved from liking singed carbon toast to warm bread.

Don't know why.
                    "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

Heh. I was the "warm bread" sister growing up.

I liked my toast so lightly toasted that it would only barely hold up to being buttered.

^-.-^
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Jbball View Post
                        I ordered two double cheeseburgers from McDonalds for $.99 each
                        Mmmmm....ours come with green chile here!
                        It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                          Heh. I was the "warm bread" sister growing up.

I liked my toast so lightly toasted that it would only barely hold up to being buttered.

^-.-^
                          I'm still that way!

I wish I was unfortunate enough to get awesome eats for cheap. But alas, I do not.
                          Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth repsac View Post
                            He loved burnt toast. Never figured out why
                            I love burnt toast. My family likes their toast on the lighter side. They keep moving the setting, and I always forget to check, and then I have to put it back in again.

As for the the OP, that was really great for you to call them so the driver wouldn't end up getting chewed out.
                            Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

I used to have a friend that would not eat anything cooked that wasn't completely blackened. Except eggs. Eggs could still be mostly white, but they couln't be even remotely liquidy. But other things, such as rice, meat, toast, etc, all had to be cooked until it was essentially charcoal.

^-.-^
                              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                              X