This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sighted myself

Dropped my car off for servicing this morning, and it's running far nicer now. My bank account took a bit of a hit, but considering this involves my safety, I'm cheerful.

Anyway, I'd wandered off to the nearest town (fifteen to twenty minutes walk), had a haircut on the way (clippers on number two on the head, three on the beard) and was awaiting a call.

"Mr Scallion? It's the garage. We found X, Y, and Z wrong with your car. It will cost £W to sort it out. It's only recommendations at the moment, since it's still roadworthy, but they could get worse."

"Go ahead - there is no price too high to pay for my safety! How long until the bastardmobile will be ready?"

"Oh, this won't take long at all."

I wandered back, munching on the way. Got back, was accused by a different receptionist of having walked in the door without her permission, and explained I'd been called to collect my car within a short period of time. I sat down, perused a magazine, and dozed softly for a while, occasionally glancing up to see the Bastardmobile being worked on.

I heard a number of interesting conversations that didn't add up to much, but I'll keep shtum about them. I received a number of glances from the receptionist who had taken my keys initially. I just knew she hadn't recognised me.

About an hour later, she had finished a stack of invoices. The Bastardmobile had been out of the workshop for about twenty minutes by this time, and she started to phone customers to let them know their babies were ready.

When the phone went off in my pocket, she nearly wet herself, especially as I was giving her the Rapscallion grin (tm). Damn, but she suddenly realised where she knew me from, but the shorter hair had thrown her.

I'm a stinker.

Rapscallion

Nothing like having a good story to post, right?
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
      ... had a haircut on the way (clippers on number two on the head, three on the beard)
      I go with a #3 all over. It's nice not have to blow dry and style it in the morning.

Comment

Not sure what a #2 or #3 is lengthwise, but I go with 1/8". Only because I can't get a 1/16" for the new clippers. And I'm too cheap to buy a new set just to get that extra 1/16" closer to my scalp.

Comment

had a haircut on the way (clippers on number two on the head, three on the beard)
          I also get a #2 for the top of my head. We are cool

The Rapscallion grin (tm).
          I like that one. That is awesome
          Under The Moon Paranormal Research
          San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

I keep threatening to shave my head (I'm a girl if it isn't obvious). I had a few ex's that sort of demanded I keep my hair long.

At which point, being the sweet and agreeable person I am, I would get it cut into a short bob, or even a pixie style cut.
            "Hi, this is Silver. How may I lose my self respect in order to cater to your over- inflated ego today?" --- Silverrb

Comment

Raps, the more of your stories I read, the more determined I am to meet you when I'm next across the pond (sometime in October, if memory serves).
              GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth tollbaby View Post
                Raps, the more of your stories I read, the more determined I am to meet you when I'm next across the pond (sometime in October, if memory serves).
                Masochism in one so young? You're not old enough to savour true pain...

Heh.

Rapscallion

Comment

Heh, Raps, I'm more than old enough for masochism, and I still want to meet you! You're just awesome like that.

Comment

Quoth SilverOrb View Post
                    I keep threatening to shave my head (I'm a girl if it isn't obvious). I had a few ex's that sort of demanded I keep my hair long.
                    Feel free to shave your head if you'll end up looking like this:

"Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

I get #2 all over and am clean shaven. For those who don't know the numbers, #2 is 1/4".

I'm told there is another numbering system ... but, I know my #2 cuts are 1/4".
                      "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Working...
                      X