This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bronco Burgers!

Two quick sightings from the last time I went to a Bronco's (local burger joint that hasn't changed since the 50's, according to my patents).

The Long Way
    The restaurant has four cash registers all in a row, and an entrance on each side of this row. The place isn't too busy, so only the far right register is manned. A guy walks in the door by the open register, then walks all the way down the row to far unmanned register. When asked to come to the open one he replies:

"Hell no man. Its too far, and I'm too tired."

This after he has walked across the length of the restaurant when he entered right by the open one.

Cashier then takes his order by walking between the two registers.

Guy then sits down and keeps changing how he wants the order by yelling things into the kicthen like.

"Hey Sport, y'all know I don't want ketchup." and
    "Hey Sport, you don't put both meals in the same bag."
    "Sport, you best be better not giving me no ketchup."

The cashier's name was not Sport.

Angry Phone Man

While eating, the man sitting behind me made various threats in third person while talking on his cell phone.

"That b***h better not f*** with my car."

And in response to if she did f*** with his car.

"I'll make her eat her teeth."
    "I'll f*** up her face."
    "I'll take her teeth out with a hammer."
    My Pointless Links collection.

Mr angry phone man sounds like a lovely charming individual, how lovely.
    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

APM needs the chipper.

Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth redmountaingoldfish View Post
        "Hey Sport, y'all know I don't want ketchup." and
        "Hey Sport, you don't put both meals in the same bag."
        "Sport, you best be better not giving me no ketchup."
        I don't know why, but it always annoyed me a little bit if a guy came up to me at work, asked me a question about something, and then would constantly refer to me as "Chief" or "Boss". Especially concidering that my name tag was always pinned to my shirt.
        I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Quoth Spiffy McMoron View Post
          and then would constantly refer to me as "Chief" or "Boss". Especially concidering that my name tag was always pinned to my shirt.
          Apparently, 'chief' is a euphimism for c*nt in London, so ladies and gents you have been warned.

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
            Apparently, 'chief' is a euphimism for c*nt in London, so ladies and gents you have been warned.
            It is?!

.....why? That makes no sense!
            Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
              Well, I'm nowhere near London, but maybe some people thought I was a...
              I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Sounds like APM was going through a very nasty break-up or divorce...

Comment

Well, I'm nowhere near London, but maybe some people thought I was a...
                  I doubt it, I'm only 150 or so miles from London and I only heard about it around 18 months ago, from one source so I wouldn't worry about it.

Comment

I don't know why, but it always annoyed me a little bit if a guy came up to me at work, asked me a question about something, and then would constantly refer to me as "Chief" or "Boss". Especially concidering that my name tag was always pinned to my shirt.
                    Common here as well, it seems to happen more to the larger guys at work (myself and one of my colleagues) then any other people. I don't care, I find it a bit more weird when people prefer to automatically refer to you by first name (that they actually read my nametag) unless they specifically ask for further reference, or if they're regulars or mall staff.
                    - Boochan

Comment

Quoth Boochan View Post
                      I don't care, I find it a bit more weird when people prefer to automatically refer to you by first name (that they actually read my nametag) unless they specifically ask for further reference, or if they're regulars or mall staff.
                      I agree with that! It's kinda creepy when someone walks up and says it right away, or insists on using it several times. I don't mind when it's the end of the transaction (they can take a bit of time), that's expected.

Comment

Working...
                      X