This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Damien View Post
    but, I must have done something wrong for the CSR to be so angry - maybe I should have waited?
    Quoth Damien View Post
    interesting... it is going to sound idiotic, but I have been quite worried about what I had done wrong since these events occurred in December/January
    It appears, from your comments, that you are one of the truly meek of the world.

Unfortunately, that means that there are people out there who will treat you badly for no other reason than the fact that you will not retaliate or stand up for yourself.

There is nothing wrong or impolite about standing up for your own rights, so long as you are reasonable about it.

The clerk in your first tale was a rude person. Their job is to serve you. There was no call for them to react like that to your request for them to do what they were being paid to do.

Also, do not be afraid to speak up when someone is doing something purposefully wrong. While you may be the one that provides the information that results in a bad employee being fired, you will not be the cause. The cause will have been the employee themselves. And you never know, but there might be a very deserving person who gets hired to fill the now-open position.

Being polite is good. We should all strive to be polite in all situations. But we shouldn't be so very polite that we turn into doormats, lest others walk all over us.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

hmmm food for thought

I guess, in a way, I was being selfish by not responding.

Comment

Not responding is a response in itself.
        ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

You seem like a very caring person, but your self esteem could use a good boost.

Until I read Andara's comment about not letting yourself be a doormat, I was going to post the same thing.

There is a difference between being understanding and good-natured and in letting people walk on you.

There is nothing wrong with being assertive. That is not a dirty word. Assertive does not have to mean rude.
          Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Ya now, Damien, I have a feeling that I would break you. Darn.

You didn't do anything, it was likely because it was December/January that the girl was pissed, but that's still no reason to have yelled at you like that. It wasn't your fault. *Pat-pat*
            Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Working...
            X