This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And you're in honors?!?

I heard this from the Honors secretary not long ago. Today is the start of Fall class registration, and this year there is a new program set up to do this. The secretary gets a call from a girl wanting to know how to log into the new site:

SG- stupid girl Sec: secretary

SG: How do I log in to register for classes?
    Sec: <baffled> Just type in your ID number and password.
    SG: Isn't there like a link I could use?
    Sec: What...? No there isn't, just log in like you would normally do to register for classes only at the new site.
    SG: That's it?
    Sec: Yes.

Today won't be a great day for her I suppose being the first day to register. Really if the girl actually attempted to try, it more than easy enough to figure out. I think the most sad part is that this is in Honors, just imagine when the others start to register for classes in the next week.
    "Oh, by the way..." All of my HATE

Ou kata nomon = Not according to the accepted norm

I don't know, technically I was an honours student (although just for high school) and I just get really nervous when I'm doing something new, and I want to make sure I'm right before I start fiddling around. I'm assuming she just called to make sure she was doing it right.

Although, I definitely feel a lot dumber after I ask these simple questions.

Comment

Quoth lightmylamb View Post
      I don't know, technically I was an honours student (although just for high school) and I just get really nervous when I'm doing something new, and I want to make sure I'm right before I start fiddling around. I'm assuming she just called to make sure she was doing it right.

Although, I definitely feel a lot dumber after I ask these simple questions.
      I fiddle. If it's supposed to be a special link then I'd hope that someone would tell me, but otherwise I'd try logging in like I would anywhere else. If I'm unable to, or can't find a place that tells me, then I'd call. But other than that I'm not going to bother the secretary. They work hard enough as it is without my stupid self asking stupid questions.
      Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

I've known many an honor student that had the common sense of a sack of rocks, so this story doesn't really surprise me.

In my honor's history class senior year of high school, we had a classmate who didn't know who John Wilkes Booth was. (round this out with the fact that the previous year we went to Washington D.C. for a class trip and visited the Ford's Theater).

So, yea. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to be an honor student.
        I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Quoth DesignFox View Post
          I've known many an honor student that had the common sense of a sack of rocks, so this story doesn't really surprise me.
          Too true unfortunately. Trayol has another thread where he mentions that they are beta-ing this new registration system on Athletes and Honor Students. I thought to myself "mmm.... hitting both ends of the bell curve huh?" and then thought about some of my fellow egghead's common sense quotients and realized that, no, they really weren't
          Last edited by sms001; 04-08-2008, 10:29 AM.

Comment

A lot of Honors society folks at my high school weren't geeks (I was, tho). Most of the girls were in Honors for English and other such topics. They weren't exactly comfortable around the computer.
            "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

High Intelligence, low Wisdom.

And not many points to go until Cthulhu eats their spleens.
              "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

This is an example of book smarts and street smarts. Why don't more people have both instead of just one or the other?
                "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

agreed, sounds like book smart, common sense stupid.

she may turn out ok; don't give up hope just yet.
                  look! it's ghengis khan!
                  Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Working...
                  X