This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth marasbaras View Post
    They're nothing like the knuckle-killing ruler-wielders that I heard about in horror stories from childhood friends who went to private Catholic schools in the States.
    My Mom had a teacher like that when she was little. And that teacher used the metal side of the ruler, one time when Mom was disciplined and it wasn't her fault was the only time Grandpa made his presence known to the teacher. Guy had to take his own punishment back. *grins* He always made sure he had the whole story after that point.

Comment

My mom has a story about a Catholic school.

The kids would often bring in money to buy ice cream during lunch break, but the nuns would confiscate all money brought for ice cream and not give it back. So, what did the kids learn from this? That if they lied to the nuns about whether they had ice cream money, they could keep their money and buy ice cream at lunch time.

I have vague memories of a paddle from one of my first schools, but it was a public school.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
      X