This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't want your garbage, lady

I'm not sure if this counts as a sighting, but feel free to move it if it's in the wrong place.
    My mom, brother and I went to Wal-Mart and took my one year old nephew with us. The first cart we grabbed didn't have working straps for the child seat, so my mom told me to get another one. I went back to the entrance and there was a woman standing by the row of carts holding out an empty pop bottle and saying something to the cart guy. I grabbed the cart on the end and she put the bottle in my cart. I just stared at her, and then the guy told her he would take it, so she took it back out and gave it to the guy. I thought maybe she had already "claimed" the cart so I asked if the cart was hers. She said "no" and walked away.
    Who goes around putting garbage in other people's carts? Find a recycling bin, please.
    It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
    -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

I would have thrown it at her and tell her to go outside and put it in the multiple trashcans that are there for the said purpose of throwing away trash.
    Honey and Thorns ~ Handmade Knit and Jewelry

Comment

Quoth RedRoseSpiral View Post
      I would have thrown it at her and tell her to go outside and put it in the multiple trashcans that are there for the said purpose of throwing away trash.
      Mom, is that you?
      Seriously, if it had happened to Mom, things would have been quite entertaining.
      -Helen Keller

Comment

Shesh! It's bad enough that she tried to get the cart guy to take her trash, but to actually put it in your cart with you pushing it. So rude. Would she like it if somebody did that to her? I just don't get people sometimes.

Comment

Kinda off topic, but this reminds me one time when I was going to the gas station next door to my work place to grab a snack on my break. I passed these two very trashy looking women in a beat up old car throwing soda cans and god knows what else out the passenger side window into the grass out behind the station.

I remember I was staring dumbfounded at what they were doing. One of them gave me a dirty look as if to say "You have a problem?" What maddens me even more about it the only I really could do was pick up the trash and place it in the trash can that was maybe 10 feet from their car and where they had thrown it.

Comment

I _HATE_ people who litter. Doesn't matter what walk of life they're from. They're 100% losers in my book.

And, the woman in the OP ... I would've said "Why don't you throw that away like a nice human being, lady?"
            "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

I had some racist minority punk threaten to have "his woman" beat me up the next day because I called him out for tossing his tobacco on the ground after passing by a public trash can. He was talking all sorts of shit, including how I was somehow "keeping him down." This was at a bus stop with a bench.

The best part was that there was kid that was a different minority using the other half of the bench to do some sort of school project that involved taping labels to a large map. He was tossing bits of paper into the gutter the entire time. But when he finished what he was doing, he took the time to pick up every piece of paper that he'd tossed on the ground and threw them away in the trash can. I can only think he didn't want to be seen in the same sort of light as the asshat that was still raging about me when the bus pulled up.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I don't know what I would have said if she hadn't taken it back out. Littering bugs me to hell too. What's with cigarette butts all over the ground around one of those outdoor ashtrays?
                Andara, that kid was fearing your wrath!
                -Helen Keller

Comment

Working...
                X