This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Juwl View Post
    Grow tall. Seriously, kids hate me, they live in constant fear of me even saying, "Hi," cheerful as I am.
    Tall doesn't help. I'm 5'11" (quite tall for a woman) and I get kids striking up happy conversations with me all the time. Of course, I don't mind it.
    "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
    - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

So I went back to the Chiropractor yesterday. (I go once or twice a week). She was there again, crying child with her. I still got there before her, this time I wasn't the only person in the waiting area. There was one other guy in there. I came in, sat at the opposite side of the waiting area. She comes in and sits down right next to the other guy in the waiting area

He did not look amused.

Comment

lol i love that piccy... hope you dont mind but i saved a copy of it

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
          Tall doesn't help. I'm 5'11"
          Once you get to 6'8 Kids hate you.

Wear Heels.

Big ones.
          A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Maybe two years or so ago, I had to go to the doctor to get my Depo shot. Since what makes sense isn't allowed, I will end up waiting usually 20-30 minutes for a shot that takes less than 5 minutes while someone else who comes in AFTER me most likely there for a procedure or exam will only wait 5 minutes or less.

Every time I go there (and I always make sure to get the earliest appointment I can) the only other people there are senior citizens. Rarely if ever are any young or even middle aged people. Anyway, one day I had been waiting for about 10 minutes and was just sitting there, some old lady walked in, sat directly across from me, and proceeded to stare at me. She didn't even blink. She had this cold, evil glare on her face. Just kept staring at me, most likely because the way I used to wear my makeup and bleach my hair used to disturb a lot of old people. So I squinted my eyes at her, made the catbutt face, grabbed a magazine, and held it up to my eyes and covered my face with it so I couldn't see her staring at me.

She may have been a few feet away, but there are MANY ways of violating personal space and privacy and comfort.
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Arm View Post
              haha... I think if I were wandering around in the vicinity they'd be MORE likely to run to you, if nothing else so that they could hide behind your legs.

It sounds like you've got kind of the 'friendly face' going on, like one of my friends has. There's not too much I can think of that you can really do about that, but you can try dressing more like an authority figure. Stern lines and that sort of thing. If you look like their principal from school they'd be less likely to hug you, maybe.

Also stand up straight, which makes you look taller. Not only does that make adults treat you better, but it makes children less likely to approach you since you're not as much at their level.

If they do approach you, look over their heads, about six inches or so. That emphasizes that they're smaller and beneath you, which will make them less comfortable. It'll make you come off as aloof, though, which might be kinda dickish depending on the circumstances. On the other hand, there's no reason that you should have to put up with having kids grab you.
              Quoth Juwl View Post
              Grow tall. Seriously, kids hate me, they live in constant fear of me even saying, "Hi," cheerful as I am.
              I am 4 foot, 11 inches tall. I've been this way since I was 11. I'm 21 now. There IS no "grow tall" for me. I also wear a suit to work. Yes, that's right, a retail slave is actually dressing like a CEO.

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
              I'd volunteer, but then I'd have to go to where you are, and I'd rather not.

^-.-^
              Dammit.
              Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Working...
              X