Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We have a "Sucky Customers" forum, can we have a "Stupid Customers" one?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We have a "Sucky Customers" forum, can we have a "Stupid Customers" one?

And the thing is, I don't know if he's even my customer!

This happened today and I was the poor SOB to deal with it.

I come into work at 3pm and clock in. There's a car with the lights turned on and engine running. Thinking it belongs to a guest, I leave it be figuring the guest was about to leave and popped back into the hotel to grab something. No biggie, right?

5 Hours later, the car is still there, still with it's lights on and still with the engine running. I go out to investigate as it has not gotten dark yet. The doors are all locked and there's a receipt for a car rental agency (but I can't read any of the details) in the back seat (yeah... not smart but fortunate for me) so I call their 1-800 line and chat with the CSR, the conversation idly shifts over to customerssuck.com and I recommend her going there. She says she would investigate it later. Victory for spreading the joy! But she can't legally tell me who the car belongs to. That's all right, they get phone numbers, right? I get put on hold and listen to nice 80s rock music while she calls the numbers included in her database.

Half an hour later, I'm still with Enterprise being routed this way and that. I learn that the car hasn't been stolen (thank Dog) or, that if it has, then no one has reported it yet but all they can do is keep calling. I thank her and the others (I've spoken to 4 different very nice CSRs in the period of the half hour) and wish them a good night.

Tomorrow we're going to call a wrecker to come out and tow the car because no one has been out to it since. I can't find anyone in my database that has a red car (I, unfortunately, scared the pants off the only people in the hotel with a red car but they were nice about it and said I was just trying to be helpful).

What do you guys think, is there anything else I can do?
    Last edited by Evil Queen; 04-12-2008, 03:52 AM.
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Wait. Were the keys in the car? Was it locked? How is it that a car was left, running, and it hadn't been stolen?

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
      Wait. Were the keys in the car? Was it locked? How is it that a car was left, running, and it hadn't been stolen?

^-.-^
      The keys where locked in the car. No way to get into it unless you break a window.

I'll edit my post to mention that, sorry about that, I was frustrated a little.
      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

At the point where you would tow the car, you should call Enterprise and report it as abandoned. I'm sure they'd much rather send someone out to pick it up from there then have to pay the tow and impound fees to rescue it.

.... I'd also consider calling the police to report that there is a car, left running, with locked doors and nobody inside since yesterday. The more I think about it, the more it sounds like a kidnapping or something similar. It might just be stupidity, but that's a whole lot of fail, and I suspect it's most likely something worse.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

You'll never believe this!

The rental car belongs to one of our guests who had been with us for nearly two months now. So a call to Trip A and 58 dollaroo later, (this is at 1am) the guest is happy and has turned in for the night.

This is what REALLY happened.

La-te-da! Guest decides to go out for the day. But, Oh! Wait! He spies his Friend coming down the hotel drive! Hurray! Friend is here! Guest gets out of the car (which he has already started but has not shifted any gears yet) and, out of habit, locks the car.

Disappear into downtown with Friend for hours on end.

Return to Hotel at approximately 10.45PM, to discover OH NOOOOES! The car is running! Run in and tell desk clerk (moi) who informs the guest that she had been trying to figure out who owned the car all day! (his car info is then added to the reg. sheet)

Co-irker comes in to take over shift and is nice enough to see if he can unlock the door with a coat hanger.

Nearly an hour later, I clock out (45 minutes later, yay overtime) and disappear off to WallyWorld because Co-irker claims they sell Slim Jims (the kind you use to break into cars with, not the meat stick). I search, talk to WallyWorld worker and a Co-Manager, explain the situation to him because he's looking at me as if I've grown another head.

Return to Hotel and tell Co-irker that they stopped carrying them nearly ten years ago.

CW:"Yeah, I kinda figured. Back in '98 when you could get them, there was a rash of people stealing cars everywhere."

Me: "Then why'd ya send me to WallyWorld?"

CW: "I thought they would have them anyways."
          Me:

The lovely No-Longer-Clocked-In-Desk-Clerk (moi, again) decides that, since she's no longer clocked in, she should no longer care. So a call is put in to Trip A and I leave. Time when I finally got home?

Past my bedtime! So no gaming for me before bed tonight.

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
            Half an hour later, I'm still with Enterprise being routed this way and that. I learn that the car hasn't been stolen (thank Dog) or, that if it has, then no one has reported it yet but all they can do is keep calling. I thank her and the others (I've spoken to 4 different very nice CSRs in the period of the half hour) and wish them a good night.
            hey you likely reached the salt lake center (that's one of enterprise's larger ones) I have friends that work there, say hi the next time you have to call them...
            If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
              hey you likely reached the salt lake center (that's one of enterprise's larger ones) I have friends that work there, say hi the next time you have to call them...
              Gladly.

Comment

So. It was an abduction. It was just totally consensual.

^-.-^

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                  So. It was an abduction. It was just totally consensual.

^-.-^
                  Wow, a consensual abduction! I never heard of one of those!

Comment

Now why does that sound perfectly perverted?
                    Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
                      Now why does that sound perfectly perverted?

You folks obviously don't get into the right websites. Or CSI.

-Geek King, who really should stay away from random links his friends send him.
                      The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                      "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                      Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Oy, I adore CSI (The WHO!). I just never heard of one happening in Real Life.

Comment

Oy, I adore CSI (The WHO!). I just never heard of one happening in Real Life.
                          So......Who's the band on stage?
                          Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
                            So......Who's the band on stage?
                            That's right.

Geek King <---Huge Slappy Squirrel fan.
                            The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                            "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                            Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

A friend of mine told me about a business trip he went on. He got shitfaced at a bar and when he came out it was pouring rain. With the combination of alcohol and heavy rain his vision was completely impaired, so he drove back to his hotel at about 5 mph by watching only the GPS unit in his rent a car. He was supposed to leave the next morning on a 9am flight, but when he woke up it was already noon, and he couldn't remember where he parked. He finally found the car in the parking lot, still running, driver's door wide open, wipers still wiping. He doesn't drink on business trips anymore.

Comment

Working...
                              X